X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Horrible Adult Moment

I as so embarrassed
    Story-
    I am studying to become a teacher right now.

Last semester I started my practicums and worked in a charter school where some of the students are children of people working at my school.

From time to time i will see these kids in the main All You Can Eat Place on campus.

Today one of the 1st graders i had last semester say me and came running up yelling miss slicey miss slicey.
    I talked to him a bit and asked how hes doing and if hes excited for valentines. He was so sweet and then ran away to go back to eating.

I then looked down and realized what shirt I was wearing.

My gay, straight, wibbly wobbly sexy wexy shirt.

Yep i just talked to a 7 year old wearing a shirt about sexuality.

Luckily there was no parents directly around me and the kid was to young to be able to understand my shirt.

But that was a bad adult moment.

I have picked my son up at his (Catholic) school wearing a Punisher shirt and a Lovecraft/Peanuts mashup with a big fat pentagram right in the middle. All the children at the school seem untraumatized. None of the parents ever said anything either so, cool.
    https://www.facebook.com/authorpatriciacorrell/

Comment

Yeah but educators have higher standard, we have to be sexless nuns or we are corrupting the children

Comment

My daughter the 7th grade science teacher hates when I want to stop for groceries at the store "near" (5 miles) my house on the way back from hers... It's in the truancy catchment for her school.
        I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
        Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
        Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

I work at a christian school and since I'm not super-sure on their stance on several issues, I choose carefully what shirts I'm wearing to work. So no dragons etc.
          https://purplefish-quilting.square.site/

Comment

Quoth AnaKhouri View Post
            Lovecraft/Peanuts mashup
            Please to help me find this shirt?

Comment

... Lovecraft/Peanuts mashup ...
              Cthulucy? ... or my sister Lucile?

Comment

Quoth morgana View Post
                Please to help me find this shirt?
                Maybe it was this one.
                "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Quoth Sliceanddice View Post
                  Yeah but educators have higher standard, we have to be sexless nuns or we are corrupting the children
                  Just wait till you meet one of your colleagues at a swinger's club.

(I'm innocent, I swear)
                  At the conclusion of an Irish wedding, the priest said "Everybody please hug the person who has made your life worth living. The bartender was nearly crushed to death.

Comment

Quoth mathnerd View Post
                    ... (I'm innocent, I swear)
                    In just which hair follicle?

Comment

I got it years ago on Teefury, a site which features shirts pretty cheap for only 24 hours. It might be in their gallery though so you could still buy it, just more expensive. It has Charlie Brown/HP Lovecraft leaning against a doghouse with a Snoopy/Cthulhu lying on top, an a pentagram and Illuminati eye and stuff on the doghouse. I think the design was called A Boy and his God or something like that.
                      https://www.facebook.com/authorpatriciacorrell/

Comment

I got it years ago on Teefury, a site which features shirts pretty cheap for only 24 hours. It might be in their gallery though so you could still buy it, just more expensive. It has Charlie Brown/HP Lovecraft leaning against a doghouse with a Snoopy/Cthulhu lying on top, an a pentagram and Illuminati eye and stuff on the doghouse. I think the design was called A Boy and his God or something like that.
                        Your description matches the one I posted.

Quoth Ironclad Alibi View Post
                        Maybe it was this one.
                        "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Thank you! What a hoot.

Comment

Quoth mathnerd View Post
                            Just wait till you meet one of your colleagues at a swinger's club.

(I'm innocent, I swear)
                            Or when you run into your math teacher at a fetish club and he is wearing a dog collar, a jock strap, and very little else.
                            Drive it like it's a county car.

Comment

^ wow just wouldn't be able to look at him the same way and I may even ask to transfer classes.

Comment

Working...
                              X