This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Keep Your Hands Off My Underwear

My apartment complex has a communal laundry room. The average time for a wash cycle is about 45 minutes. I put my stuff in, went to my apartment, and watched the end of a TV show on Netflix and then another one. It was busy down there but my laundry wasn't in the washer for more than an hour. I went back to get it and the washer was empty. So were the other two next to it. So there was no reason for anyone to move mine to a dryer. Not only that, but if that's why it was moved, where is the load they needed a machine for??
    I was irritated at the total rudeness and the fact that someone had their mitts on my clean laundry which included undergarments. That just feels like a violation. On top of all that my stuff was thrown in with someone else's. Just...WHY?

Update:
    I ended up pulling out some other woman's tank tops and when I was hanging them to dry I realized they weren't mine because they were XL and they smell really strongly of detergent. I'd never use an over-fragranced detergent like that. And I'm missing a brand-new sock....I put the mate on top of a note explaining that the tank tops aren't mine and to leave my dry sock there if they find it.
    I got back the sock and a bunch of half-damp laundry I didn't know was missing. The people who had it responded on the note that they didn't know how it got mixed up, either and they needed some sweatshirts and stuff back. I don't think they were the ones moving stuff necessarily, if they were missing things, too. I think a third party was involved here: someone who's either confused or drunk and put my things in two different dryers and confused both me and the people who had the other half of my stuff.

I think from now on I'm going to the 75-cent-on-weekdays laundry that's 3 minutes from work. I'll load up the car the night before and go right after my shift. Or I'll just do laundry late at night.
    Last edited by Food Lady; 02-13-2017, 04:15 AM.
    "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

People just don't know how to be respectful anymore when I used the community laundry I waited for the person to move the laundry and if they weren't there I would just put them in the basket and set it on a table however if there were empty washers I didn't even bother not my problem. I Just used the empty washer

Comment

Was your stuff in the dryer with someone else's? Wonder if someone was moving the clothes as a favor to someone and they didn't realize only one was theirs? Had that happen once.

Comment

^Yes, it was. I ended up pulling out some other woman's tank tops and when I was hanging them to dry I realized they weren't mine because they were XL and they smell really strongly of detergent. I'd never use an over-fragranced detergent like that.
        And I'm missing a brand-new sock, which is probably in their load that's drying right now. I put the mate on top of a note explaining that the tank tops aren't mine and to leave my dry sock there if they find it. I guess I'll get it back, but it was never supposed to be in the dryer because of the type of knit and the fact that it will shrink and not be an over-the-knee sock anymore. I'm glad I caught the rest of my stuff in time because most of it doesn't go in the dryer for various reasons, either. I guess I have to say goodbye to my new socks. First-world problem, I know.

Comment

I dry everything if it cant be dried I don't buy it kids dog cat yah it will end up dirty before it dry's lol

Comment

^ I have long limbs so that's why many things get hung up. I don't want pant legs nor sleeves to shrink in length. And dryers break down fibers so many of my skirts get hung up, too. Basically I usually just hang most things except towels. If I'm drying towels of course t-shirts, crew socks*, and undies go in. But in summer I don't bother with the dryer much.

*Knee socks always get hung up let they be unwearable. Again with the long legs.

Comment

Quoth Food Lady View Post
              I got back the sock and a bunch of half-damp laundry I didn't know was missing. The people who had it responded on the note that they didn't know how it got mixed up, either and they needed some sweatshirts and stuff back. I don't think they were the ones moving stuff necessarily, if they were missing things, too. I think a third party was involved here: someone who's either confused or drunk and put my things in two different dryers and confused both me and the people who had the other half of my stuff.
              Sounds like you've got someone who thinks it is funny to mix up people's clothing. Easily solved by taking a picnic chair down to the laundry room and reading a book while waiting for the wash to finish (or coming down 5-10 minutes before it finishes if you'd rather not spend the entire time down there).
              "It is traditional when asking for help or advice to listen to the answers you receive" - RealUnimportant

Rev that Engine Louder, I Can't Hear How Small Your Dick Is - Jay 2K Winger

The Darwin Awards The best site to visit to restore your faith in instant karma.

Comment

I smell a "Do not leave laundry unattended" sign in the near future where Food Lady lives...

Some apartment complexes have those.
                Skilled programmers aren't cheap. Cheap programmers aren't skilled.

Comment

I was always told not to leave my laundry unattended because people might steal it. Uh, if they steal what I'm laundering ... they obviously need it much more than I do. We're not exactly talking Prada.

But at least sitting in the laundry room assures you that you will get your own clothing back.

And with that title, you just know a ton of people came by to read this thread.
                  Customer service: More efficient than a Dementor's kiss
                  ~ Mr Hero

Comment

Working...
                  X