This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I am ashamed!

So today it was sooo boring at work I thought my brain was going to fall out of my ear, so I decided to play the us states game by myself. I felt sure that I would get most of them, except one, and then hit myself once I found out what it was. Turns out I couldn't remember THREE of them, so I figured it must be in the middle, since my memory bounces from one coast to another. I WAS SO WRONG. One was on the east coast, which I should remembered since my fricken family lives there -_- and one was way up north, I confused it with another. And the last one was way down south...which I should've rememtber since I had wanted to visit. Urgh!
    So which states did y'all forget? Do tell. No cheating
    Can't reason with the unreasonable.
    The only thing worse than not getting hired is getting hired.

what is this game u speak of I haven't done anything in almost 2 + hours I work in a call center and sundays are slowwwwwwwwwww but they need someone here.

Comment

I used to forget Delaware but now that I've struggled through that I always remember.
      "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

I always miss a bunch. Not one or two, but like six. I'm not even ashamed of it anymore. I'm comfortable in my terrible recall. All those tiny states on the East Coast. I've tried going alphabetically, but that doesn't work. I've tried to work from west to east, but that ends badly. I nearly always forget one of the "M" states, even though I know that there are a zillion.
        Replace anger management with stupidity management.

Comment

I try to see how much of the periodic table I can fill... And element names & symbols.
          I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
          Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
          Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Wait.. there are states? Huh.. go figure.
            Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

Quoth Mytical View Post
              Wait.. there are states? Huh.. go figure.
              Yep. Sane and Posts on CS.
              I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
              Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
              Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Quoth Food Lady View Post
                I used to forget Delaware but now that I've struggled through that I always remember.
                I've been through Delaware many times over the years. Trust me, there's not much worth remembering
                Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

I recall a quiz about U.S. states which had a question set up wrong, in such a way that NOBODY from West Virginia would get the "right" answer. The question? "What is the only state whose name consists of 2 words, neither of which is North, South, or New?

See how many of you can get the "right" answer.

Here's another one - there are 2 pairs of states where, within each pair, the name of one state is completely contained within the name of the other. For both pairs, one state was Union and the other was Confederate (although one "inner" and one "outer" were Confederate). What are the 2 pairs of states?
                  Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Highlight for answers.

#1 West Virginia and Rhode Island

#2a Arkansas and Kansas

#2b Virginia and West Virginia
                    "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

You got both parts of #2, but missed #1. If you re-read my post, you'll see that the question I was referring to was set up wrong (asked for the only state meeting those requirements), and that NOBODY from West Virginia would get the "right" (notice the quotes) answer.

According to the quiz, the answer was "Rhode Island". Reason NOBODY from WV would get it right would be they'd be thinking of their home state.

The question was set up wrong in that it implied that only one state met the requirements, while actually 2 fit the pattern.
                      Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

C'mon, I can barely name all the Canadian provinces ... and there's not nearly as many of them!
                        Customer service: More efficient than a Dementor's kiss
                        ~ Mr Hero

Comment

I can recite them all in alphabetical order in 30 seconds or less.
                          - They say nothing good happens at 2AM, they're right, I happen at 2AM.

Comment

Working...
                          X