X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey, who stole Mom's coat!

Okay, I'll 'fess up, it was me.

I decided a week or so ago to take it to the dry cleaner's. The nursing home has "outings" and she used to be willing to go on the occasional lunch outing but she hasn't participated in that or any other outing for at least two years, so I figured it might as well stop taking up space in her wardrobe.

My own winter coat is washable -- both the lining and the shell -- and the last burst of warm weather here made me over-optimistic, so I laundered it. And swore I wasn't going to put it on again until next November.

And then found out why Mother Nature is called a 'mother.' I swear we had gale-force winds today, plus drizzle -- which started out as rain and then turned to SNOW, dammit! So you can imagine the temperature. My little cotton jacket might as well have stayed in the closet.

So I ended up wearing Mom's coat (which fits nicely, by the way) for the rest of the day, every time I went outside. Hope I didn't give a few neighbours heart failure when they saw the familiar wine-red coat marching up the front steps ...

And the wind is still howling out there. For the first time in a long time, I put my vehicle in the garage. Wouldn't surprise me at all if there's frost on the ground tomorrow morning ...
    Customer service: More efficient than a Dementor's kiss
    ~ Mr Hero

March and April are ridiculous here. It will be up to 50 one day and in the 30s the next. It was really windy yesterday. Hair in a bun, period.
    "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Same here. The day after I posted this, I had to wear the coat again because it was so cold when I left for work. By the time I came home, even my cotton jacket (which I'd worn under the coat) was unnecessary. C'mon, Mother Nature, make up your farkin' mind!!
      ~ Mr Hero

Comment

Annnnd today I went into work in a T-shirt and a very light cardigan. See?

Comment

Snow here on Friday, this morning I read the paper and had coffee on my deck in sweats and a tee-shirt.
          AkaiKitsune
          Sarcasm dear, sarcasm. I’m well aware that dealing with civilians in any capacity will skin your faith in humanity alive, then pickle anything that remains so as to watch it shrivel up into an immortal husk thus reminding you of how dead inside you now are.

Comment

Sounds of spring today!

No, not a robin ... neighbour was mowing the lawn.

It's just possible that I can finally take Mom's coat to the cleaner's ...
            ~ Mr Hero

Comment

Linen pants, a t-shirt, and a light sweater I didn't need tonight. In fact, I turned on the AC briefly.

Comment

37F this morning. 72F this afternoon.
                Life is too short to not eat popcorn.
                Save the Ales!
                Toys for Tots at Rooster's Cafe

Comment

Sun ... then rain ... then sun ... then rain AND gusty winds.

Only thing we missed was snow. Brother in Saskatchewan said he'd send some down. I said thanks but no thanks.
                  ~ Mr Hero

Comment

Working...
                  X