This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Student Loans

Just got a very serious call on my cell phone saying that this my last and final chance to pay off my student loans or else I'd be in serious trouble.

My reaction:

Student loans were paid off in full back in 2005.

Got to love scam calls that are wasted. It means they have less time to bother people who might believe it.

"Life is tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid" Redd Foxx as Al Royal - The Royal Family - Pilot Episode - 1991.

Any possibility it's a genuine call, but a genuine mistake? My sis kept getting (genuine) dunning letters on her student loan that had been paid off a couple of years earlier. She tried to convince them of that. fact; however, sis, in her innocence, had thrown out the piece of paper that said "Your loan is now paid off" and somehow there seemed to be no record of it in Officialdom ... imagine that. By the time all this went down she was living in the U.S. and her final response was "Fine, come and get me."

Speaking of scamming the scammers, have you ever seen any of James Veitch's videos on YouTube? In one instance, he actually had a scammer beg him to "PLEASE STOP EMAILING US".
    Customer service: More efficient than a Dementor's kiss
    ~ Mr Hero

Comment

Quoth Pixelated View Post
      Speaking of scamming the scammers, have you ever seen any of James Veitch's videos on YouTube? In one instance, he actually had a scammer beg him to "PLEASE STOP EMAILING US".
      That one made me laugh so hard. He's not the most attractive guy in the world but I have a crush on him because of that brain of his.
      "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

100% sure. I still have that letter of paying off my loans. No mail notification. No ding on the credit score. 100% scam.
        "Life is tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid" Redd Foxx as Al Royal - The Royal Family - Pilot Episode - 1991.

Comment

You better be prepared though. Less reputable collection agencies purchase lists in bulk, don't check them and attempt to strong arm payments. If you're not careful you could find assets seized for a loan that you payed off long ago.
          I AM the evil bastard!
          A+ Certified IT Technician

Comment

Working...
          X