• Show
Clear All

• I haz new furbaby

Click image for larger version

Name:	new doggie small.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	28.0 KB
ID:	2033700

I haz new furbaby. She is a rescue/stray about 2 years old. cute a big ham wants lots affection and has remained near me since I brought her home She loves my couch. She still has a few lingering problems but she seems well behaved (she and the house survived my first shift at work) and adjusted.

I have not named her yet as I really want to see her personality a bit more. Off to the pet store tomorrow for food, treats and a new collar
    I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
    -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

Awww ^_^

Reminds me -- Mom got a 9yo lil' doggie from the animal shelter just a few months ago - I think it's part shih tzu. The workers there, on the former owner's advice, treated it with kid gloves, as FormerOwner had advised them that the doggie tended to be nervous and aggressive, and even hostile at times. This was certainly true when FO was around at the shelter (he apparently had come back once or twice to check on the dog he gave up for adoption).

Mom saw something in the critter, and took him home for a test run. Within two days, the formerly nervous wreck of a dog had calmed down and found himself a new favorite lap to relax in. It seems that his nervousness and fear evaporated almost immediately once he was away from FO...Imagine that. (He did nip at one of Mom's granddaughters during the first week (6yo), doing no actual harm, but the incident was caused by the kid's own boisterous playstyle -- after being warned to be gentle). Within a week, the wee hound turned into a fuzzy cuddlemonster. With his brown & white coat, he's been dubbed "Charlie Brown."
    "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
    "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
    "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
    "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
    "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
    "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
    Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
    "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

The description on the website said she was very friendly and loveable. The workers stated emphatically that she was a cuddlebug, affectionate and very friendly (they all seemed to know her well even though she was there only about 4 weeks).

I took her for a "test walk" around the walking trails they have in the back. She was very curious about the world AND stopped frequently to beg for attention. The adoption application process was surprisingly quick as everything is automated these days (ie. background check, property check other checks, etc.) took about an hour total from start to me walking her to my car.

Once I got her in the car she seemed to understand what was going on ---- NEW HOME. I introduced her to my daughter and my EX (and will intro her to my grandson the next time my daughter gets him for the weekend) and then took her home. She seemed to "enjoy" my house and immediately explored my small residence (I know there are still remnemt smells of my previous dog still lingering in the house but that seems to be a non issue at this time).

Right now she just wants to be near or on "top of" me. I am working on setting up rules and boundries as I will NOT be crating her as I do not believe in that sort of behavior control (you just took them out of one no so big cage just to put them back into a smaller one ??????? WTF??? plus I do not have the space for a crate/cage in my house). Yes there will be "issues" but I can handle/deal with that as they arise with gentle and positive feedback techniques.

I know there will be "bathroom issues" but with time that can be overcome and with proper training and discipline this will work out.
      Last edited by Racket_Man; 04-20-2017, 11:32 AM.

Comment

She is absolutely gorgeous! And it sounds like a mighty good fit for the two of you

Comment

Yaaaay! New furbaby!!!

*pats the sweet goggie*
          Last edited by Nunavut Pants; 04-22-2017, 06:05 AM.
          “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged.
          One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world.
          The other, of course, involves orcs." -- John Rogers

Comment

Aww what a cutie!! Congrats!
            When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

I am quickly realizing she-who-has-not-been-named-yet is not a full blown street stray. Yes she has bore at least a couple of litters of puppies BUT possibly not on the street as a stray

I took her to the local national chain PET store because I needed to get the same food the shelter was feeding her and a new leach/harness. I took my daughter along for help. Doggie was her usual gung-ho let's get going. Doggie was VERY sociable toward other dogs and all humans. just wanted much attention from any human that walked by. She literally crawled on the floor to get to a puppy. Doggie acted like a well adjusted and socialized dog

One of the store persons helped me find the stuff I needed and we started discussing doggie.

Doggie seems too well adjusted and socialized so I feel she had to be someone's pet OR someone bred her for a few litters and dumped her on the street. Doggie is too adjusted for a street stray.

I KNOW I made a good choice.

Comment

Quoth Racket_Man View Post

I KNOW I made a good choice.
                And doggie is a lucky girl.

Comment

She's beautiful and sounds sweet!

Comment

Working...
                  X