X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anybody got any ideas ...

... how to catch a possibly feral cat?

I was*leaving work today and spotted what looked like a half-grown black cat. Normally I would just smile and try to get near enough to pet it, and if no luck, forget about it ... but Kitty was holding its right paw off the ground. Wasn't putting any weight on it at all. So it's obviously injured.

Heaven knows what I'll do with it if I do catch it; I can't keep it, and likely can't even afford the vet's bills. Likely I'll call a local rescue organization and donate what I can, or take it to the Humane Society. Poor little thing. I couldn't get even within petting distance of it.

It's near my workplace, so obviously I can't just sit outside there for hours waiting to see if it comes by again.
    Customer service: More efficient than a Dementor's kiss
    ~ Mr Hero

See if there is a cat rescue organization in your area. Be aware, these places are often full to capacity with strays, so they might not be able to take it in, but you can ask. Also the SPCA might be able to help.

Rescue people can often provide a humane trap that you can use to try to catch the cat. These don't always work - depends on how smart and/or desperate the cat is (you bait them with food). But you have to have somewhere to take the cat if you do catch it.

Good luck! I hope you can find someone to help!
    When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Good point, MoonCat; in fact, there are two. I'll see what they have to say. Thanks.
      Customer service: More efficient than a Dementor's kiss
      ~ Mr Hero

Comment

Working...
      X