Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

look what i do when bored and stressed....(WARNING: IMAGE HEAVY!)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• look what i do when bored and stressed....(WARNING: IMAGE HEAVY!)

So what started out as a winter art project turned into a group hangout with a few other friends.....I've been working with perler beads (little plastic beads that fuse together when heat is applied). I think I've gotten rather good and have actually sold a few of my larger pieces and several of my small pieces.
    Attached Files
    It is by snark alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the juice of the coffee bean that thoughts acquire 'tude, the lips acquire mouthiness, the glares become a warning.

just a few more of my prouder pieces. The skull kid one took forEVER!!! But that was a custom piece I made for a friend.

To put some of these pictures in perspective, the table that they are displayed on, is just over 2 feet wide and just over 3 feet long.
    Attached Files
    It is by snark alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the juice of the coffee bean that thoughts acquire 'tude, the lips acquire mouthiness, the glares become a warning.

Comment

last one I promise, though I have many more....

This was my first attempt at something this large.....and it came out stunningly!!!
      Attached Files

Comment

Okay, you've got Harry Potter items in there ... that automatically makes your work Grade A material.

Seriously, those are fantastic. And beads?? How long does one of those take?!
        Customer service: More efficient than a Dementor's kiss
        ~ Mr Hero

Comment

convention answer: "oh these took me 2-3 months EACH"

REal answer? it varies, but boiled down the longest one took me 3 days.....you'll never guess which one.

Comment

WOW. Those are amazing! I make Perler stuff too but just keychains, backpack hangers, ornaments, nothing nearly that complex (not enough time, or room, plus two kids and two cats...all my stuff has to be done in one sitting- though honestly I wouldn't have the patience for anything really huge). And I just steal designs off the internet, I don't come up with my own designs. That''s awesome!
            https://www.facebook.com/authorpatriciacorrell/

Comment

Luna is the best Princess (Starlight the best pony and Twilight the best Queen)
              Seph
              Taur10
              "You're supposed to be the head of covert intelligence. Right now, I'm not seeing a hell of a lot of intelligence. Covert, overt, or otherwise!"-Lochley, B5, A View from the Gallery

Comment

I built my own beading table when i kept pushing beads into other slots when i worked with small spaces to hold my beads.

now I have drawers for each color, and each drawer holds almost 4000 beads in each. and the table top holds the panels so i can work and not take up my dining room table or coffee table. plus its on rollers so i can roll it whereever i need it to go.

Comment

Working...
                X