Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why does the "joke" around alien abductions usually involve hiney probing??

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why does the "joke" around alien abductions usually involve hiney probing??

It's always a weird thing. Alien probes...
    Skilled programmers aren't cheap. Cheap programmers aren't skilled.

Maybe it's a deep seated human fear? ETA: That pun was not intentional.
    Last edited by Food Lady; 05-08-2017, 08:54 PM.
    "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Quoth Food Lady View Post
      Yeah, riiiiight ...

Does anybody know if "alien abduction" stories outside of North America involve butt probes? If not, I'd suggest it's the same mentality that says sex in movies means the audience must be age-restricted ... but blood and gore by the bucketload can be seen by pretty much anybody.
      Customer service: More efficient than a Dementor's kiss
      ~ Mr Hero

Comment

Hmmm... I wonder which sentence contains the Fraudian slip?
        I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
        Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
        Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Somewhat related, but when there's a joke or urban legend about the use of rodents for sexual purposes, why are hamsters always applied externally while gerbils are always applied internally?
          Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Quoth dalesys View Post
            Hmmm... I wonder which sentence contains the Fraudian slip?
            LOL, really it wasn't. I posted it, read it, paused, and then had a light bulb go on over my head. As for the original question, didn't Southpark come up with the idea, or does it go further back than that? I don't remember coming across the idea before that.
            "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Link to "The Kids in the Hall" skit on YouTube.

"We've been coming here for 50 years and all we've learned is that 1 in 10 doesn't really seem to mind."
              "Kamala the Ugandan Giant" 1950-2020 • "Bullet" Bob Armstrong 1939-2020 • "Road Warrior Animal" 1960-2020 • "Zeus" Tiny Lister Jr. 1958-2020 • "Hacksaw" Butch Reed 1954-2021 • "New Jack" Jerome Young 1963-2021 • "Mr. Wonderful" Paul Orndorff 1949-2021 • "Beautiful" Bobby Eaton 1958-2021 • Daffney 1975-2021

Comment

Quoth mjr View Post
                It's always a weird thing. Alien probes...
                Regarding the thread title question, "Why does the "joke" around alien abductions usually involve hiney probing?"

Here is a web page discussing the issue.
                "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Quoth wolfie View Post
                  Somewhat related, but when there's a joke or urban legend about the use of rodents for sexual purposes, why are hamsters always applied externally while gerbils are always applied internally?
                  WARNING! WARNING! WARNING!

The below link is NSFW!!!

You mean like this one?
                  Skilled programmers aren't cheap. Cheap programmers aren't skilled.

Comment

Yes, that's an example of a gerbil being applied internally, although Snopes has debunked it. Logic dictates that the gerbil wouldn't be "launched" - no oxygen to allow the methane to burn.

Hamsters being applied externally is always a sick joke involving duct tape - but the "rev it louder" crowd probably doesn't understand why the duct tape is needed.
                    Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

...didn't Southpark come up with the idea, or does it go further back than that?
                      Much, much further back than that! But it is still funny:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=53uVisEj_Hw
                      “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged.
                      One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world.
                      The other, of course, involves orcs." -- John Rogers

Comment

Working...
                      X