This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ingress players

So, it sounds like we have at least two Ingress Agents on the board. Anyone else?

My Agent name is the same as my ID here. I'm a L15 frog, who is now working on the long grind to 16.

Frogs and Smurfs, speak up!
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged.
    One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world.
    The other, of course, involves orcs." -- John Rogers

Hehe, I'm Agent Saroc, a L14 Smurf agent on the East coast of Canada.

Doing the AP slog up to L15 now, and then the long long climb to L16.

Mostly I'm just keeping my hacking streak going lately, and annoying the local frogs in my city by blowing up the core every so often.

Comment

Sounds good! I just got the Magnus Builder medal, and while I wasn't looking the Gold-level Liberator showed up as well!

... And then I got sick ... So not much activity in the past couple of days, but I was making between 70K and 120K AP per day before that.

I think my best day was 250K, hitting two very portal-dense areas to make progress toward the Magnus medal. One was almost completely gray, and I turned all ~25 portals green, the other was a larger area with at least 50 portals and they were all blue and linked. They were un-linked green when I was done. That particular area pretty much zeroed out my weapons inventory, which still hasn't recovered.
      “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged.
      One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world.

Comment

I'm probably not going to reach any of the Magnus medals at this rate. I didn't get as many portals in Edmonton as I would've liked when I was out there; my visit to West Ed Mall was the day before they started counting.

I think I'm around 800 deployments now. I was able to take over much of CrossIrons Mall while doing its mission, and got a lot of Banff when doing that mission when we overnighted there. I'm home now and my main issue now is lacking Resos and/or lacking busters to take over portals now. And with Magic Game Day weekend this weekend, I won't really have time to hit some of the areas I don't usually visit.

Comment

I do get tired of the cheaters, though. Fortunately it's not as bad as Pokemon Go. When that was first out, there were a bunch of people standing around the portals near my work, discussing how much they had cheated. "I'm only missing these three monsters because they're only available in Japan, and when I set my location there they banned me for a week." Ugh.

But locally (at least from my perspective), the Blue Team seems to harbor quite a few cheaters. There are quite a number of them that use a comm-scraper specifically to hunt guardian portals for "selected enemies", and will go very very far out of the way to hunt down GPs in the 140-day range. Plus there are a couple of out and out bullies (the main one of whom doesn't seem to play much any more, thank heaven!). One local Frog got caught spoofing a local frack, and a cross-faction group got him banned. So he signed up with a new account as a Smurf.

My current PITA is someone who we are pretty sure has an automated recharge-bot. It doesn't matter what time of day, he always seems to start recharging any portal he is on that gets attacked within fifteen seconds. And he recharges an awful lot faster than I personally can recharge, even doing the long-hold send-all-my-XM recharging.

I've taken to finding and killing his AXA shields, which makes it less difficult to smash a portal before he can start recharging. He started smashing my desk portal(s), and just recently he has been using VR and Rare shields instead of AXA. I'm not sure if he has run out or what...

Comment

I'm lvl11 Frog, only moderately active.
            The local greens seem quite a bit more organized than the smurfs.
            St. Louis metro is split between 2 Cells AM02-HOTEL-15, where I live, has the northern part of the Metro, while most of the county is in AM02-HOTEL-12.
            Agent name is Lirleni (my other main online ID)
            I did participate in the Via Lux anomaly when it was here in St Louis, and was member of one of the teams working to keep one of the Blue target portals green. My team was low mobility, so we stayed around Busch Stadium. (I was recovering from heart surgery about 2 months before the anomaly. Aortic valve had to be replaced.)
            (thinking of, I may go try to take down some blue fields, since as I type, we are about 150 minutes before the first checkpoint of cycle 2017.23)

Comment

Hiya, agent Lirleni! I'm looking forward to my first Anomaly in December...

Comment

Hee! I'm enjoying trolling the guy with the recharge-bot. He no longer puts AXAs on his portals around here, because I have been seeking them out and ultra-striking them into oblivion. Now he has taken to Jarvis-ing his portals in one area when I get close.

In one case, he Jarvis'ed a blue portal that had four AXA on it, and then decided to smash it himself and re-take it a little while later. He put two more AXA on it, and someone else came by and smashed it. (I was not able to get to it at that point.)

I've been taking down his portals for the most part before his bot can start recharging them. That's what happens when you US the shields off and then use X8 while standing on the portal, the resos drop in the ~10 seconds it takes for the bot to respond.

I fielded some of the portals that I took from him, re-throwing his own fields in a few cases. He pretty quickly smashed the anchors and dropped them, but it was amusing to me when they went up.

Comment

My zone is an interesting one. It's Eastern New Brunswick and Western Maine, with Freddy (Fredericton) in the northern corner of it basically. Freddy makes up most of the Mu for the zone most of the time, but occasionally the Mainiac Frogs will get uppity and do some big fields from Bangor to Houlton that will throw off the calculations.

Sadly, the more active Smurfs in my area live out in Oromocto which is the NEXT zone over.

Sometimes we'll look at the zone and checkpoints and try to do some big things in that respect. Most often we just churn downtown and the main portals in the city.

I'm heading up to Ottawa for Canada Day, so I'm looking forward to getting another bunch of Uniques and missions. I got a number of them last year when I was up for my Aunt and Uncle's anniversary, but I should have more freedom and time this time around, to finish the City Hall missions and maybe poke around Major Hill park and other areas.

Comment

Working...
                  X