This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anotherr terror attack :(

22 dead at concert explosion in Manchester. Prayers pleasee. ..
    The Copyright Monster has made me tell you that my avatar is courtesy of the wonderful Alice XZ.And you don't want to annoy the Copyright Monster.

I was so glad that I knew my partner was on his way home as he works on the trains and regularly passes through Manchester as the news broke.

My heart goes out to all affected by this.
    Final Fantasy XIV - Acorna Starfall - Ragnarok (EU Legacy)

Comment

It's one thing to be a terrorist, but it takes a special POS to deliberately target children. The youngest victim was 8 years old.
      https://www.facebook.com/authorpatriciacorrell/

Comment

To paraphrase a quote from one of my favourite books, "The overlapping Venn-diagram section of those two categories [terrorist and POS], you will find, can be quite large."
        Customer service: More efficient than a Dementor's kiss
        ~ Mr Hero

Comment

A homeless man that helped some of the victims said they were pulling nails out of children's faces. I just can't even...
          "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

I saw an interview with that homeless man. I had to stop watching it when he said that.

I heard that taxi drivers were taking people home for free and some of the hotels were offering free rooms for those that didn't live nearby. The UK people are some of the best when it comes to disasters. They just step up and get people looked after.

But my heart bleeds for those that were there.
            A good bookshop is just a genteel Black Hole that knows how to read. - Terry Pratchett, Guards! Guards!

Comment

Quoth Blue Ginger View Post
              I heard that taxi drivers were taking people home for free and some of the hotels were offering free rooms for those that didn't live nearby. The UK people are some of the best when it comes to disasters. They just step up and get people looked after.
              We've had a lot of practice. Each generation seems to get their own cross to bear; first the Blitz, then the next couple of generations had to deal with the IRA, once that was more or less settled (except for the Real IRA, who the actual IRA thought were a bit extreme, which tells you a lot) then Al Qaeda had a go, and just when we thought we'd seen the back of them the next generation gets to deal with ISIS and various offshoots.

Every time I'm just about ready to throw up my hands and give up on this barmy set of islands some disaster, man-made or otherwise, happens and I find myself incredibly proud of how giving even those of us with the least can be.
              "It is traditional when asking for help or advice to listen to the answers you receive" - RealUnimportant

Rev that Engine Louder, I Can't Hear How Small Your Dick Is - Jay 2K Winger

The Darwin Awards The best site to visit to restore your faith in instant karma.

Comment

Working...
              X