This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hotel Reservations

If you reserved a hotel room with a credit card, is it possible to use another credit card to pay for your hotel stay when you check out?

Probably -- I'd call and ask first, though.
    "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
    "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
    "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
    "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
    "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
    "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
    Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
    "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Based on what I've seen on Reddit's "Tales from the front desk", it's not a problem. The card you give when making the reservation is so they can charge a "no show" fee if you don't show up. When checking in, you will need a card with the same name on it as on the reservation AND on your ID - not a prepaid card. It's better to use a credit card than a debit card - has to do with releasing the hold for incidentals (assuming you didn't trash the room, smoke in a non-smoking, or bring a pet to a non-pet-friendly hotel).

It's best to book the reservation directly through the hotel, rather than the chain's central reservations line - and anything you need, let them know at the time of reservation. Don't use a 3rd-party service (such as Expedia) - it seriously limits what the hotel can do to fix anything that goes wrong.

We have a few current and/or former hotel people here, they can give you a better answer.
      Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

I've reserved a hotel room with a credit card and then paid cash at the end of my stay, so I don't see why they wouldn't take a different credit card so long as the name on each card is the same.

Comment

I have made reservations for my In-Laws. Reserved on my card. Paidvon theirs. Just put their name on the reservation.
          Life is too short to not eat popcorn.
          Save the Ales!
          Toys for Tots at Rooster's Cafe

Comment

At the chain I used to work at it is possible, but make you tell the front desk about it at checkin, or they will charge the card they have on file. And remember, authorization is different from a charge.
            Can't reason with the unreasonable.
            The only thing worse than not getting hired is getting hired.

Comment

I've done that a couple times. No problem.
              I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
              -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

Working...
              X