X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OK, um, Doctor Who question...

Ok, so here's some things...

<spoiler>
    Ok, so The Doctor teaches at a university, and he's "guarding" Missy (who is in the vault). In the episode "Oxygen" he was blinded, which Nardole apparently fixed, but temporarily. The Doctor must now essentially rely on his sonic sunglasses in the way that LaForge relied on his visor in Star Trek: TNG. But The Doctor strongly implied that he's permanently blind.

Which I don't get. The Tenth Doctor had his hand severed, and just regenerated a new one, which is interesting in and of itself because I always thought the Doctor had to be in the TARDIS to regenerate. Though Melody Pond/River Song didn't need to be, apparently.

So why wouldn't The Doctor's eyes regenerate? Is he running out of regeneration energy? Did he not get to the TARDIS in time? Or what? Because they've been going down that arc for two episodes now.

Although this is Capaldi's last season as The Doctor...so who knows...maybe he'll get his sight back at the Christmas episode, just in time to regenerate into a new Doctor...

</spoiler>
    Skilled programmers aren't cheap. Cheap programmers aren't skilled.

10's hand regenerated because he was still within the regeneration cycle. I believe he said 12 hours. Capaldi is way beyond that. Regeneration has nothing to do with the TARDIS.

Comment

Quoth ImmBarb View Post
      10's hand regenerated because he was still within the regeneration cycle. I believe he said 12 hours.
      Close. He'd spent most of the episode wondering what type of man he was, but after his hand got lopped off he worked out that whatever else he was, he was a lucky man:

The Doctor: [as Sycorax Leader celebrates cutting The Doctor's hand off] You cut my hand off! And now I know what sort of man I am. I'm lucky, because quite by chance, I'm still within the first 15 hours of my regeneration cycle, which means I have just enough residual cellular energy to do this.
      [spontaneously grows hand back]
      Sycorax Leader: Witchcraft?
      The Doctor: Time Lord!
      Quoth ImmBarb View Post
      Capaldi is way beyond that. Regeneration has nothing to do with the TARDIS.
      Yep. Jon Pertwee became Tom Baker outside the TARDIS. Also, River Song regenerated outside of any TARDIS, as have several other Time Lords/Time Ladies.
      "It is traditional when asking for help or advice to listen to the answers you receive" - RealUnimportant

Rev that Engine Louder, I Can't Hear How Small Your Dick Is - Jay 2K Winger

The Darwin Awards The best site to visit to restore your faith in instant karma.

Comment

Quoth greek_jester View Post
        Close. He'd spent most of the episode wondering what type of man he was, but after his hand got lopped off he worked out that whatever else he was, he was a lucky man:
        I almost forgot, though...

<spoiler>
        In the pyramid episode, Bill consented to the mummy-monk alien people, and gave The Doctor his sight back. So now he has to "fix" things there, too...
        </spoiler>
        Skilled programmers aren't cheap. Cheap programmers aren't skilled.

Comment

Working...
        X