Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bunfight!(warning:may lead to blood loss)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bunfight!(warning:may lead to blood loss)

Simply answer this question.

You have the following items:

a)scone
    b)jam
    c)cream

The correct order to put them in to make a proper cream tea is....
    The Copyright Monster has made me tell you that my avatar is courtesy of the wonderful Alice XZ.And you don't want to annoy the Copyright Monster.

Jam first and then cream ...

*gets ready to run for safety*
    Customer service: More efficient than a Dementor's kiss
    ~ Mr Hero

Comment

from bottom upwards scone, jam (strawberry preferably) and cream

Comment

The proper order, from my perspective:

GET IN MAH BELLY NOW!!!
        “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged.
        One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world.
        The other, of course, involves orcs." -- John Rogers

Comment

Sorry No scones. Buttermilk biscuits (from scratch) and sausage gravy. That's what's for breakfast tomorrow.

Comment

This thread made me hungry, so I made some biscuits (savoury scones to those participating in the fight proper) and put butter and strawberry preserves on them. I think that's the closest I could get with what I have here to the subject of the fight...

Now I'm full!

Sock, I don't have sausage on hand to make the gravy, or I'd be sharing them long-distance with you.
            “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged.
            One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world.

Comment

Quoth Kit-Ginevra View Post
              You have the following items:

a)scone
              b)jam
              c)cream

The correct order to put them in to make a proper cream tea is....
              Haha, what? Cream is liquid, and you don't put it on a scone. You also don't put scones and jam in tea.

Yes, I'm being deliberately obtuse. This is fun!
              Replace anger management with stupidity management.

Comment

Depends what type of cream it is. If it's thick clotted cream, it has to go on first then the jam on top. Clotted cream is best spread with a knife.

If it's whipped cream, it gets dolloped on top on the spread jam because it falls off a spoon easier.

Damn, now you have made me want a proper English afternoon tea. With the little sandwiches, scones and mini dessert pieces. And the massive hot chocolate (because I can't drink tea).
                A good bookshop is just a genteel Black Hole that knows how to read. - Terry Pratchett, Guards! Guards!

Comment

You know, this thread is nothing like the images that popped into my mind at the title.
                  You're only delaying the inevitable, you run at your own expense. The repo man gets paid to chase you. ~Argabarga

Comment

Me too, Kittish . . .

Comment

Quoth Blue Ginger View Post
                      Depends what type of cream it is. If it's thick clotted cream, it has to go on first then the jam on top. Clotted cream is best spread with a knife.
                      Sorry, I have to respectfully disagree there. Since I like a very thick layer of clotted cream (think ratio of meringue to tart on a lemon meringue tart), I put jam directly onto the scone and then the cream on top. I eat each half of the scone separately like a small tart, scone on the bottom, jam next, clotted cream on top. Anything else and the jam slides off!
                      "It is traditional when asking for help or advice to listen to the answers you receive" - RealUnimportant

Rev that Engine Louder, I Can't Hear How Small Your Dick Is - Jay 2K Winger

The Darwin Awards The best site to visit to restore your faith in instant karma.

Comment

Quoth Kittish View Post
                        You know, this thread is nothing like the images that popped into my mind at the title.
                        Especially given that it was started by K-G!!

Comment

Hey! Just because I mention buns in a thread, there are those who assume that some version of the female anatomy will appear. Well they're wrong!

Meanwhile,back to the great jam vs cream first debate....
                          The Copyright Monster has made me tell you that my avatar is courtesy of the wonderful Alice XZ.And you don't want to annoy the Copyright Monster.

Comment

Rabunzel, Rabunzel, let down your rear!
                            I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                            Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                            Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Working...
                            X