This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So I just got home from Canada

Sorry for being gone over most of the weekend everyone, but my family and I drove north to visit British Columbia for the weekend.

In order to prepare, I made sure to reread GraveKeeper's posts, since we would be in Vancouver and its environs for a night. We had decided to find a place to eat IN Vancouver, but it just so happened that the very first street we encountered upon driving into the city was Hastings. It was about 5:30 pm and all sorts of *colorful* people were about the sidewalks, each in a unique state of sanity, coherence, intoxication, and consciousness. I know Seattle and I thought that IT had a homelessness problem. Needless to say, but it was nothing compared to JUST Hastings.

We stayed the first night at an Air BnB, which we discovered upon waking up in the morning, had at least one burst or broken pipe, since water was steadily dripping from the basement bathroom's ceiling. Apparently, the homeowners were having renovations done this weekend, including having the floors replaced, and the contractors removed the sinks, apparently screwing up shutting off the water to them.

That day we took the Vancouver ferry to Victoria, where we visited Bushart Gardens, which is very beautiful, and had Tim Horton's for breakfast. I LOVE Tim Horton's.

We walked around Victoria that afternoon and evening, and stayed the night at a very nice hotel right along the Inner Harbor.

This morning we woke up and departed for the ferry back to Vancouver and drove quite a few hours home. I am quite exhausted of riding in a car.

Overall, it was quite a wonderful small vacation.
    Note to self: Hot glass looks like Cold glass.

As a Canuck, I'm glad you liked it, but I would have encouraged you to stay in Victoria and visit Vancouver. I was in Victoria many many years ago, as part of a youth program (yes, THAT long ago) and it was beautiful. Vancouver is ... interesting.
    Customer service: More efficient than a Dementor's kiss
    ~ Mr Hero

Comment

You were out on Hastings? You're braver than I am! Been there more times than I can count and each time was memorable for its own unpleasant reason. Haven't been back in years, thankfully.

Love Victoria and the gardens - too bad you didn't have the time to drive up Island and experience Tofino/Long Beach and Cathedral Grove - the Douglas Fir trees grow so high they completely block out all sunlight even at high noon. Definitely something to experience one day!

Glad you had a good time!
      The large print giveth, and the small print taketh away.

Comment

Working...
      X