This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For $275 tax and all?

Just came from wally world (I know, I know).. and think I just got an amazing deal.

6gb ram, 1tb computer, gen 4 processor (not sure at this point specs) etc, etc.. for $275 tax and all.. or that was all I thought I was getting.. had a 23" monitor included..still same price. It was on clearance..but still factory new.. yes it is a HP but still... can this price be right?!?
    Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

On clearance at Wally World? Yeah, I'd say that sounds right.

Looking at their website, they have refurbs as low as $77 (Core 2 Duo, 4GB RAM, 80GB HDD, Win10, no monitor).

(Personally, I don't buy prebuilt machines... but that's me.)
    Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, you speak with the Fraud department. -- CrazedClerkthe2nd
    OW! Rolled my eyes too hard, saw my brain. -- Seanette
    she seems to top me in crazy, and I'm enough crazy for my family. -- Cooper
    Yes, I am evil. What's your point? -- Jester

Comment

Its quite possible considering how clearance works at Wallyworld, its not standardized by any means. For one, departments get so called clearance dollars, basically a budget for how much they can knock off clearance merchandise. That goes far if the department doesn't clearance a lot of product like electronics. Also its up to the stores how they handle their clearance merchandise, some stores are happy to allow it to just collect dust and mark a pittance off the original price, others (mine for example) can be very aggressive about getting it out there. My store once extended the employee discount to clearance because we had too much.
      Seph
      Taur10
      "You're supposed to be the head of covert intelligence. Right now, I'm not seeing a hell of a lot of intelligence. Covert, overt, or otherwise!"-Lochley, B5, A View from the Gallery

Comment

Working...
      X