Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Christmas Card Exchange 2017 Edition: Sign-ups are CLOSED!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just finished digging my car out of 11 inches of snow. If I got mail today, I ain't going back out there to get it now.
    I don't go in for ancient wisdom
    I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
    It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

• I was feeling bad that I haven't sent mine out, but after seeing a few other posts from people who are in the same boat, I don't feel quite so horrible. Will be getting them out tomorrow, hopefully.
      I have no excuse other than a crazy hectic month and a bit of depression that has kept me from doing a lot of the fun stuff I normally enjoy at Christmas.

I have received cards from:
      csquared
      smileyeagle1021
      Kittish
      Pixelated
      Teysa
      telecom_goddess
      DGoddessChardonnay
      Ironclad Alibi
      KuariKaydrith
      Kit-Ginevra
      taxguykarl
      Irving Patrick Freleigh
      Dreamstalker
      Sandman
      morgana
      Last edited by Ree; 01-04-2018, 11:46 PM.
      Too tired of living and too tired to end it. What a conundrum.

Comment

• Mine are in the mail now. For realsies! Terribly sorry about the wait, and for the relative lack of glitter.
        "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
        "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
        "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
        "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
        "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
        "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
        Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
        "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

• 16 people have reported 168 cards received from 16 people (23.9%).

That's...kinda sad...
          Last edited by BookstoreEscapee; 01-17-2018, 12:46 AM.

Comment

• Just putting my arriveds in,because it seems a couple have slipped through the net...

csquared
            taxguykarl
            an unusually unhumbuggish Irv
            Someone who appears to go by the name of Ralph?? it's a bit of a squiggle... your card was of a manger in a circle with gold writing around it...

I shall hunt down more-it seems they all got packed up with the house cards,so the entire family's got mixed in together.
            The Copyright Monster has made me tell you that my avatar is courtesy of the wonderful Alice XZ.And you don't want to annoy the Copyright Monster.

Comment

• I think I have just about everyone's now. I got Eric Kei's today. I'm leaving again in less than two weeks and won't be back until sometime in October. But, hey, I should be able to sign up for the 2018 card exchange.
              Question authority, but raise your hand first. -Alan M. Bershowitz

Comment

• I also got Eric's card today.

Comment

• And another one brings Eric up to three.

Now if only the USPS can find Kit's card...
                  Life is too short to not eat popcorn.
                  Save the Ales!
                  Toys for Tots at Rooster's Cafe

Comment

• Kit's card is always the last one I get.

There are a few people who haven't posted who they got cards from...while it's not an absolute requirement, it would be nice to see more green...
                    Last edited by BookstoreEscapee; 12-24-2020, 10:37 PM.

Comment

• It's because it has to swim across this big ocean,competing with all the other Christmassy cards and New Year cards making their way across.And because I count my coins and send it economy standard,it swims along in the slow lane... but it makes it there eventually
                      The Copyright Monster has made me tell you that my avatar is courtesy of the wonderful Alice XZ.And you don't want to annoy the Copyright Monster.

Comment

• I got a card from EricKei today! And yes, the USPS does seem to be having difficulties with Kit's cards (thought you guys meant ME for a second), as well as a few others in my case.
                        You're only delaying the inevitable, you run at your own expense. The repo man gets paid to chase you. ~Argabarga

Comment

• Huzzah! Mine have finally begun arriving
                          "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
                          "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
                          "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
                          "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
                          "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)

Comment

• I too received a card from EricKei today.

I have yet to receive only two cards from my fellow card exchange participants. According to the card chart nobody else has either. Oh well, that always seems to be the case every year. There's always a few no-shows.

Now to start designing a card for next Christmas.
                            "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

• Quoth Ironclad Alibi View Post
                              I have yet to receive only two cards from my fellow card exchange participants. According to the card chart nobody else has either. Oh well, that always seems to be the case every year. There's always a few no-shows.
                              They both posted a couple pages back so hopefully they're still coming...

Comment

• I'd say maybe drop a PM to them if there's been no word by this weekend or so
                                Last edited by EricKei; 01-19-2018, 04:45 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X