Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Christmas Card Exchange 2017 Edition: Sign-ups are CLOSED!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Got my list!

*looks in Closet of Doom* Oh crap, I have to find my cards now don't I...?
    "I am quite confident that I do exist."
    "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

So many ideas...So little time.
      "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
      "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
      "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
      "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
      "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
      "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
      Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
      "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Got my list, got cards and stamps (except for international) and I'm ready to start. I have a 2 day weekend starting tomorrow so I'm probably going to work on them then.
        https://www.youtube.com/user/HedgeTV
        Great YouTube channel check it out!

Comment

Got my list. I'll send them out when I'm back in town.
          I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
          -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

Planning to make my own. Fortunately, bro has access to a color printer at work that can properly handle cardstock. Now I just gotta get stamps and appropriately-sized envelopes ...And, ya know, design the cards. >_>
            "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
            "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
            "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
            "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
            "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
            "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
            Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
            "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

So, I've only heard from 7 people what fandom they like (Trekkie, Whovian, Star Wars, Firefly, and if there's one you like not listed, say so- I can probably find something suitable).

People that I don't hear anything from (in this thread or via PM) will get whatever random thing that I think looks neat in addition to their card.
              You're only delaying the inevitable, you run at your own expense. The repo man gets paid to chase you. ~Argabarga

Comment

@Kittish...I'm not picky, but I've been on a Supernatural kick lately, if that helps! Mind you, I also recently discovered The Musketeers (the one with Tom Burke...and yes, late, but bah) and am loving it.

Comment

Ooh Harry Potter or Buffy here ...mmm if you can fit a Willow in my package* I'd be very happy...

*or vice versa
                  The Copyright Monster has made me tell you that my avatar is courtesy of the wonderful Alice XZ.And you don't want to annoy the Copyright Monster.

Comment

Quoth Kittish View Post
                    So, I've only heard from 7 people what fandom they like (Trekkie, Whovian, Star Wars, Firefly, and if there's one you like not listed, say so- I can probably find something suitable).

People that I don't hear anything from (in this thread or via PM) will get whatever random thing that I think looks neat in addition to their card.
                    Do have room for Fallout in that list? Or are you limited to TV shows?
                    "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

• Quoth Kit-Ginevra View Post
                      Ooh Harry Potter or Buffy here ...mmm if you can fit a Willow in my package* I'd be very happy...

*or vice versa
                      My mind went right in the gutter :P If you can get a Willow, I want a Tom Burke!

Comment

• Quoth Kit-Ginevra View Post
                        ...mmm if you can fit a Willow in my package* ...
                        If you have a willow (any kind) fitted in your package...

I doubt if it will be of any use to you... or anyone else!
                        I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                        Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                        Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

• ...does that include a pussy willow?
                          The Copyright Monster has made me tell you that my avatar is courtesy of the wonderful Alice XZ.And you don't want to annoy the Copyright Monster.

Comment

• Quoth Ironclad Alibi View Post
                            Do have room for Fallout in that list? Or are you limited to TV shows?
                            There's room for Fallout. Any particular one? Or just the franchise in general? There's some really cute medallions. Alas, the full size Pip Boy is probably not gonna happen, though.
                            You're only delaying the inevitable, you run at your own expense. The repo man gets paid to chase you. ~Argabarga

Comment

• Didn't realize we were doing fandoms...

Ghostbusters, classic Trek, Labyrinth, Ghibli, Orphan Black to name a few.
                              "I am quite confident that I do exist."
                              "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

• Quoth Dreamstalker View Post
                                Didn't realize we were doing fandoms...

Ghostbusters, classic Trek, Labyrinth, Ghibli, Orphan Black to name a few.

Original Star Trek (although to be fair, I never got to see any of the spinoffs), original SW trilogy, Harry Potter, all things Terry Pratchett, and if you want to get REALLY cheesy ... the original TV series Dark Shadows. I watched the latter a decade or so ago when it was being rerun (at midnight) and about died. "OMG, did I REALLY rush home from school every weekday so I wouldn't miss an episode? Did I REALLY threaten my younger brother's life because of this show?!" (Mom insisted that he not view it, and I had a small TV in my bedroom ... but it periodically went on the blink. So of course I would race into the living room and turn on the family TV to watch it ... and then I had to keep shooing brother out of the room. Truth was, he was IMO far too young to have a clue what was going on, but I couldn't convince Mom of that. )
                                Customer service: More efficient than a Dementor's kiss
                                ~ Mr Hero

Comment

Working...
                                X