Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Christmas Card Exchange 2017 Edition: Sign-ups are CLOSED!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I never watched the show Dark Shadows but I read the books as a kid! I also love all the Star Trek shows, but not the new movies, it's not the same.

I have my cards ready to mail except for the one to the UK which still needs postage. Almost there!
    https://www.youtube.com/user/HedgeTV
    Great YouTube channel check it out!

Comment

• Quoth telecom_goddess View Post
      I have my cards ready to mail except for the one to the UK which still needs postage. Almost there!
      Okay, I say this every year, but I don't even touch cards until after Thanksgiving. I think I know where they are, at least.

I might get stamps this week, though. Last year when I got them they had no international stamps left and I had to use two mismatched non-holiday stamps on each of the internationals, and, well, that makes me sad.

I just got a thing from Heifer Project in the mail today and it included address labels featuring some cute farm animals in Christmas sweaters (well, the baby chicks are wearing Santa hats). So I thought, "perfect!" Except there are only 17.
      I don't go in for ancient wisdom
      I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
      It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

• I wanted to have these ready to go soon. I may not be able to get the postage done completely this week, but once I do they're going out! I had a bunch of old xmas cards that I got rid of 2 years ago, so I got a set of brand new ones. I ordered them and the stamps online, so easy.
        https://www.youtube.com/user/HedgeTV
        Great YouTube channel check it out!

Comment

• Quoth telecom_goddess View Post
          I never watched the show Dark Shadows but I read the books as a kid! I also love all the Star Trek shows, but not the new movies, it's not the same.

I had the books as well. One of the few times I'm sorry I got rid of them.

I'll be getting my cards out on the weekend. Just finished a 12-hour workday and I'm toast. In fact ... I just woke up. And I'm sitting at my desk.

Time to call it a night.
          Customer service: More efficient than a Dementor's kiss
          ~ Mr Hero

Comment

• For the glitterati out there... Jennie wants your number!
            I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
            Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
            Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

• Quoth dalesys View Post
              For the glitterati out there... Jennie wants your number!
              867-5309

Couldn't resist.
              You're only delaying the inevitable, you run at your own expense. The repo man gets paid to chase you. ~Argabarga

Comment

• Quoth Kittish View Post
                867-5309

Couldn't resist.
                Noooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!
                I don't go in for ancient wisdom
                I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
                It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

There's room for Fallout. Any particular one? Or just the franchise in general? There's some really cute medallions. Alas, the full size Pip Boy is probably not gonna happen, though.
                  I have played Fallout 3 and New Vegas, and am in the midst of 4. Also I am partial to Pip Girl.

Another post mentioned Terry Patchett's books. I love the movies based on those, especially the Hogfather at this time of the year.

As for your ultimate selection, surprise me. I love surprises.
                  "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

• Quoth Ironclad Alibi View Post
                    ... I love surprises.
                    One sossidge inna bun...
                    I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                    Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                    Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

• That's not a sossidge...that's the surprise
                      The Copyright Monster has made me tell you that my avatar is courtesy of the wonderful Alice XZ.And you don't want to annoy the Copyright Monster.

Comment

• Quoth Kit-Ginevra View Post
                        That's not a sossidge...that's the surprise
                        No, the surprise is when you survive eating anything from Dibbler's cart. Not a nice surprise, either, by all accounts.
                        You're only delaying the inevitable, you run at your own expense. The repo man gets paid to chase you. ~Argabarga

Comment

• Well, my printer spent a few days working hard (like that's any different from the usual routine...it's very nearly blaspheme to let it sit idle for as much as an hour) so now I'm just waiting to get the cards. Then I get to take a pile of envelopes down to the post office and keep the nice mail lady busy for a bit. Me and half the other people in town...

Comment

No, the surprise is when you survive eating anything from Dibbler's cart. Not a nice surprise, either, by all accounts.
                            An even bigger surprise is that CMOT Dibble is still finding people who will buy his sossidges.
                            "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

• Quoth Ironclad Alibi View Post
                              An even bigger surprise is that CMOT Dibble is still finding people who will buy his sossidges.
                              And that quite a large number of them are repeat customers.

Comment

• Cards being purchased on next Friday and will be sent out the following week. If you get some "scribbles" thats my two daughters signing their names

Comment

Working...
                                X