This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So I may be slightly addicted...

Hi, I'm LadyofArc and I'm addicted to cute farming sim games.

More specifically, Stardew Valley and Story of Seasons (aka the newer versions of Harvest Moon).

SO convinced me to have a crack at Stardew, which I loved and got through most of the "story" pretty well (first time I married Sam, second time I married Alex).

Hunting for a similar game on the 3DS eShop (we do have a Switch and have since put Stardew on THAT) resulted in the only other options being Terraria (which I've played but I'm not as keen on) and Harvest Moon/Story of Seasons. One Google and TVTropes search later and I wound up downloading the most recent version of Story of Seasons (Trio of Towns). Holy crap is it entertaining! So next step naturally was "Story of Seasons" - that game is a-ma-zing!

So far my bachelor choices have been Wayne and Ford (Trio of Towns) and Klaus (Story of seasons) with the possibility of going after Raeger (Story of Seasons) next.

Anyone else in a similar boat?

I'm playing Terraria (currently one tower away from the Moon Lord, probably finish that tomorrow), but I'll admit that's not usually "cute", and the progression doesn't offer much role-playing.

I do tend to focus on a single game for long periods of time, including work on its wiki. Before Terraria, it was Minecraft, and I may go back to that eventually. Minecraft does have mods that can add story aspects: Minecraft Comes Alive upgrades villagers to have a bit of personality and some relationship options. I'm sure there are at least some current mods that add seasons, but the one I know most about is Reasonable Realism: AFAIK it's still stuck on ancient versions, but it did add seasons and more realistic (harder) farming.
    Last edited by Mental_Mouse; 01-29-2018, 03:37 AM.

Comment

I loved Animal Crossing and Harvest Moon so my husband got me Stardew Valley and of course I love it. I'm glad you can have same-sex relationships because I don't really like any of the men. Leah and I are currently an item. My husband plays too and one we were talking and realized we were pursuing the same woman. We give each other tips on wooing her.

The only part of the game I dislike is killing the cute monsters in the mine.
      https://www.facebook.com/authorpatriciacorrell/

Comment

Funny you should mention SoS -- I was just watching a video which addressed the reason for the name change yesterday (long story short: trademark issue and two different localization teams) Note that both names are still in use; SoS is considered the "main line" and HM is used mostly for portable-system spinoffs.

Enjoy ^_^ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yPZ1oLSh7ec
        "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
        "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
        "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
        "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
        "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
        "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
        Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
        "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

I usally go after Maru in Stardew myself

Comment

Quoth EricKei View Post
            Funny you should mention SoS -- I was just watching a video which addressed the reason for the name change yesterday (long story short: trademark issue and two different localization teams) Note that both names are still in use; SoS is considered the "main line" and HM is used mostly for portable-system spinoffs.

Enjoy ^_^ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yPZ1oLSh7ec
            I knew this already - honestly, the only other game in the Harvest Moon series I've played up until the split was Tale of Two Towns. I far prefer Story of Seasons and think the name fits perfectly.

It also looks like they're starting to move to allowing "faux-homosexual" options in the last two games, where your "sex" is still set as male or female, but there's nothing stopping you from setting your sex as say, female, then giving yourself a male name and changing into male clothing once you have the chance. It gets kind of awkward though if you do this in Trio of Towns, particularly if you're flirting with one of the bachelors. (More specifically Ford)
            Last edited by LadyofArc; 02-04-2018, 02:34 AM.

Comment

Am currently playing Stardew Valley myself. I instantly distrusted Elliot, I found him a bit TOO handsome. Of course now I know better, but still.

I've married Harvey, he was too cute not to. The wife has not played yet, but I showed her a lineup of the marriageable people and she picked out Abigail--who had similar interests to her. She was quite proud of that--"I picked right!"
              My Guide to Oblivion

"I resent the implication that I've gone mad, Sprocket."

Comment

Working...
              X