This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wisconsin Peeps..

y'all OK? I was at work when the wall o' water hit us. Visibility was like a foot and our vestibule had an inch of water in it, just from the rain hitting the side of the building. Our back parking lot became a river and management was literally on the loud speaker pleading with people to move their cars. The water got so high that they began personally inviting owners to do so by calling out car models and license plates. (We're a call center so some people may have had to temporarily ignore the announcements.) I was afraid my car wouldn't start because sometimes after rain it has issues. It was fine, though. Apparently last night the sirens went off but I never heard them. I guess it was only in some of the towns. I'm still waiting to hear from my brother in Fond du Lac because they had a tornado touch down. I'm sure he's at work and not able to text. No injuries were reported. I hear there will be more tonight. ugh

Update: my bro was out on calls. He's a volunteer firefighter. He said one lady's house in Eden (not a pardis today!) actually moved and her basement was flooded. I guess enough water can move a house off its foundation.

The story for those of you who didn't live it: https://www.postcrescent.com/picture...18/1126257002/
    Last edited by Food Lady; 08-29-2018, 02:20 AM.
    "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

In Weather Poker it's easy to tell who's got a flush.
    I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
    Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
    Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

The wall'o heavy rain and 40mph sustained winds were NOT fun last night. We (meaning ALL the my pizza places in my city) temp stopped delivery for about 45 -60 minutes as per the area manager's permission. It was so bad we had trouble seeing the building across the street from us.

Lots of dropped branches enough down trees power out in an area just north and east of where I live a bit of flooding in the streets but overall not too bad.
      I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
      -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

Comment

I was thinking of you when I saw pics of the flooding in your town. It seemed to hit y'all and those south of us. Every storm this summer has been like that. We get the less strong middle of the storm. Bring on autumn!

Comment

We also had a wall of rain hit here in central MN twice Monday.

I had the pleasure of going out in the first round, where I became a drowned rat. You also know it's bad when water is shooting up through the manhole covers.
          "Life is tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid" Redd Foxx as Al Royal - The Royal Family - Pilot Episode - 1991.

Comment

Glad you're okay! What a mess!

I am NOT looking forward to autumn, myself. We get more rain in the fall than in the summer (and it's been wet enough this year already) and my roof needs repairs which I can't afford.
            When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Mother Nature, please bring fall soon but hover summer over Mooncat's house, OK?

Comment

Working...
              X