Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Christmas Card Exchange 2018 Edition: Lists have gone out -- Time to send!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sandman's and smiley eagles just arrived.
    I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
    -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

• Sandman's card arrived today.
      Eh, one day I'll have something useful here. Until then, have a cookie or two.

Comment

• So I just dragged myself out to check the mail because I didn't yesterday and...I got nuthin'.
        I don't go in for ancient wisdom
        I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
        It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

• Got a card from Sandman today.
          Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

• I received a card from smileyeagle today.

That is one pretty little baby.
            "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

• So far I have received:
              1. taxguykarl
              2. Ghel
              3. Ironclad Alibi
              4. csquared
              5. Android Kaeli
              6. Dreamstalker
              7. telecom_goddess
              8. Pixelated
              9. Morgana
              10. Sandman
              11. smileyeagle1021

Quoth Ironclad Alibi View Post
              I received a card from smileyeagle today.

That is one pretty little baby.
              Isn't he, though? I'm impressed he's not screaming. My mom has pictures from when we were little, two consecutive years (I was a little over 1 and 2 years old, respectively, I think). Year 1, I am screaming and my brother is looking slightly annoyed, and on the back it lists our ages. Year 2, I am not there and my brother looks happy, and on the back it says my brother's age, and "BE didn't like Santa."

Comment

• I got cards from Smiley and DGoddessChardonnay today.

I agree that's an adorable baby.
                "I look at the stars. It's a clear night and the Milky Way seems so near. That's where I'll be going soon. "We are all star stuff." I suddenly remember Delenn's line from Joe's script. Not a bad prospect. I am not afraid. In the meantime, let me close my eyes and sense the beauty around me. And take that breath under the dark sky full of stars. Breathe in. Breathe out. That's all."
                -Mira Furlan

Comment

• Morgana arrived yesterday
                  The Copyright Monster has made me tell you that my avatar is courtesy of the wonderful Alice XZ.And you don't want to annoy the Copyright Monster.

Comment

• I got miley's card yesterday, cute card!
                    Eh, one day I'll have something useful here. Until then, have a cookie or two.

Comment

• Merry Christmas everyone.

So far 12 of my cards have had their receipt acknowledged, five have not.

I have received 14 cards, only three left to be received.
                      "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

• I got DGoddessChardonnay's in this mail pickup.

Mine will be going out soon -- Got labels, addresses, stamps, everything...except printer ink, which was ordered and arrived, but escaped into some unknown regions of my lil' house. I'll be hand-writing addresses this year, I suppose, so permit me to apologize to any postal workers who may be reading this, in advance. x.x
                        Last edited by EricKei; 12-26-2018, 07:41 PM.
                        "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
                        "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
                        "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
                        "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
                        "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
                        "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
                        Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
                        "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

• Quoth EricKei View Post
                          ... I'll be hand-writing addresses this year...
                          Walk Read Like An Egyptian!
                          I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                          Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                          Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

• Smileyeagle's showed up today.
                            Life is too short to not eat popcorn.
                            Save the Ales!
                            Toys for Tots at Rooster's Cafe

Comment

• Merry Day-After-Christmas! I'm still sick and slept a lot today. Probably won't be checking the mail until tomorrow. Hope everyone had a good holiday!

48.4% of receipts have been tallied.

Only two people no one has gotten a card from, so far. One posted just above. Hope we hear from the other soon.
                              Last edited by BookstoreEscapee; 12-27-2018, 12:58 AM.

Comment

• All of mine have now been sent out as of 11:30 AM (Central time) today! WOO-HAH!
                                "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
                                "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
                                "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
                                "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
                                "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
                                "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
                                Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
                                "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Working...
                                X