Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Christmas Card Exchange 2018 Edition: Lists have gone out -- Time to send!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Got ErikKei's and KitGenevra's today.

Comment

• EricKei's arrived Monday.
      I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
      -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

• Since my last post I've received Kit-Ginevra's card, with a Neville Longbottom stamp , as well as cards from Sandman, DGoddessChardonnay, and Morgana.

Morgana, I'm assuming the cancellation machine broke down somewhere between your house and mine; your Santa stamps have a whirly black line drawn across them from what looks like a medium-point Sharpie ...
        Customer service: More efficient than a Dementor's kiss
        ~ Mr Hero

Comment

• EricKei's arrived today.
          Life is too short to not eat popcorn.
          Save the Ales!
          Toys for Tots at Rooster's Cafe

Comment

• So far I have received:
            1. taxguykarl
            2. Ghel
            3. Ironclad Alibi
            4. csquared
            5. Android Kaeli
            6. Dreamstalker
            7. telecom_goddess
            8. Pixelated
            9. Morgana
            10. Sandman
            11. smileyeagle1021
            12. DGoddessChardonnay
            13. Kit-Ginevra (with Harry Potter stamp)
            14. EricKei

Has only one person gotten a card from TawnyMyst? And have we heard from tigger222?
            I don't go in for ancient wisdom
            I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
            It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

• I've got cards. I'll record them when i take them down with all the others i have received

Comment

• smileyeagle1021 arrived...
                Incidentally some of mine arrived with a strange zip code marking on. Something like 01022.... 00201 and then little vertical lines
                The Copyright Monster has made me tell you that my avatar is courtesy of the wonderful Alice XZ.And you don't want to annoy the Copyright Monster.

Comment

• Quoth Kit-Ginevra View Post
                  smileyeagle1021 arrived...
                  Incidentally some of mine arrived with a strange zip code marking on. Something like 01022.... 00201 and then little vertical lines
                  That's your CIA reservation number.
                  I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                  Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                  Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

• KG - If it was printed on there by the post office, it's a (slightly warped) version of binary code meant to help direct your mail to you more swiftly.

Domestically, it's mostly used by companies sending out HUGE mailouts, as they get postage discounts if they calculate those barcodes and print them so the USPS doesn't have to.
                    "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
                    "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
                    "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
                    "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
                    "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
                    "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
                    Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
                    "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

• I got my cards mailed toady. Sorry there so late.

Comment

• Got cards in last weekend from both Smiley and ErikKei.
                        Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

• Quoth tigger222 View Post
                          I got my cards mailed toady. Sorry there so late.
                          Don't feel badly; I didn't get cards sent out at ALL for one group (obviously not this one, LOL). They printed the address on a Microsoft Office function and my MO no longer works.

Also, I got ErickKei's card today. I am hoping it contains an invisible magic spell to help me shake off my Annual Post-Christmas Cold.
                          Customer service: More efficient than a Dementor's kiss
                          ~ Mr Hero

Comment

• tigger222's card came in the mail yesterday.
                            Eh, one day I'll have something useful here. Until then, have a cookie or two.

Comment

• I got tigger222's card today.
                              "I look at the stars. It's a clear night and the Milky Way seems so near. That's where I'll be going soon. "We are all star stuff." I suddenly remember Delenn's line from Joe's script. Not a bad prospect. I am not afraid. In the meantime, let me close my eyes and sense the beauty around me. And take that breath under the dark sky full of stars. Breathe in. Breathe out. That's all."
                              -Mira Furlan

Comment

• I always pack in a little something extra with my cards, Pix. I hope you feel better soon! I would suggest curling up on the couch under a huge blanket with a cup of hot chicken soup, with all of our cards on the end table next to you. Should work wonders.
                                "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
                                "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
                                "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
                                "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
                                "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
                                "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
                                Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
                                "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Working...
                                X