Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dropped my cards in the mail on my way to work this morning.

Quoth Kit-Ginevra View Post
    then we'll know that our rules for keeping out the riff raff have failed drastically
    Well obviously...they let you stay, don't they?
    I don't go in for ancient wisdom
    I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
    It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

• Kristev - No worries. This'll go on for a couple months Thanks for updating, tho!

BSE - Damn. Beat me to it.

...Hmm. Not sure that was the best way for me to phrase that when Kit is in the thread >_>
      "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
      "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
      "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
      "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
      "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
      "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
      Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
      "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

• Just for the record, I don't officially stop tallying until February or so (no specific date, but eventually the thread dies and I assume no one is getting any more). If you get late cards, please still post them. We want to make sure people get credit so they don't get banned for the future unless they really deserve it.

(And if you can't send your cards for some reason, please send me an explanation. We know shit happens and we won't hold it against you if there's a legit reason.)

Comment

• I sent the rest of my cards in today's mail.
          "I look at the stars. It's a clear night and the Milky Way seems so near. That's where I'll be going soon. "We are all star stuff." I suddenly remember Delenn's line from Joe's script. Not a bad prospect. I am not afraid. In the meantime, let me close my eyes and sense the beauty around me. And take that breath under the dark sky full of stars. Breathe in. Breathe out. That's all."
          -Mira Furlan

Comment

• WE...ER. I HAVE RECEIVED THE HOLIDAY MISSIVE FROM TOTALLY HUMON ENTITY CSQUARED.
            "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
            "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
            "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
            "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
            "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
            "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
            Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
            "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

• csquared's just arrived. At least the glitter's not loose.
              I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
              -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

• I received a card from csquared today.
                "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

• It's snowing so I didn't check the mail.

Received so far:
                  0 from Aethian
                  8 from Android Kaeli
                  0 from BookstoreEscapee
                  4 from csquared
                  0 from Dreamstalker
                  5 from EricKei
                  0 from Ghel
                  7 from Ironclad Alibi
                  6 from Irving Patrick Freleigh
                  0 from Kit-Ginevra
                  0 from Kristev
                  0 from KuariKaydrith
                  0 from Pixelated
                  0 from Ree
                  0 from Sandman
                  0 from smileyeagle1021
                  8 from taxguykarl
                  38 of 272 (14.0%)

Comment

• You have to venture outside for it? Here it slides happily onto a pile on the doormat ready and waiting for you to collect it
                    The Copyright Monster has made me tell you that my avatar is courtesy of the wonderful Alice XZ.And you don't want to annoy the Copyright Monster.

Comment

• Quoth Kit-Ginevra View Post
                      You have to venture outside for it? Here it slides happily onto a pile on the doormat ready and waiting for you to collect it
                      Must be nice. There's a multi-unit box for each building, which is located in front of one of the end units (I'm in the middle of the building). I wish we at least had mailboxes by our doors like my old apartment did. Still had to go downstairs and open the door but didn't need to put shoes on.

Comment

• Cards are going out this weekend! My wife wrote them up this year!

Comment

• I sadly had to resort to store bought cards this year, I'm just not going to have the time to make my homemade one
                          They should be going out over the next couple of days.
                          If you wish to find meaning, listen to the music not the song

Comment

• Got a lovely snowy card from csquared yesterday. Fitting, since we had a snowstorm.

Comment

• I just finished addressing cards, and I have to say, Kit-Genevra (I think you all know exactly what I'm referring to).
                              If you wish to find meaning, listen to the music not the song

Comment

• Are you referring to the fact you didn't spell my name properly? Go back and do it again
                                The Copyright Monster has made me tell you that my avatar is courtesy of the wonderful Alice XZ.And you don't want to annoy the Copyright Monster.

Comment

Working...
                                X