No announcement yet.

The Random Pet Peeve Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A lot of what I buy is shelf-stable, meant to be taken to work. If she finds it before I can take it to work that's when the fireworks start. I had been "hoarding" some nice chocolate and maple syrup (obtained for free from my previous job) for a couple cannabis cooking experiments...by the time I got the rest of the cooking gear I needed, she either threw it out or used most of it (while I don't mind if she uses my ingredients, is it too hard to ask "hey, can I use [amount] of [ingredient]"?

I'm not sure what her motivation was in this instance. While I'm fine with consolidating related leftovers (say a container of pasta and one of sauce) for space, the tinctures took up a grand total of 2 square inches in the fridge (and they were in an existing shelf storage bin that she already knows is for my stuff, so space was not the issue)...and do you think I can find the original small bottles that took up less space? No. That's probably the most puzzling aspect of this.

In general, people who ask me for an item and try to argue "but I bought it here before!" when I tell them we're out drive me nuts. I wish we had a replicator in the back room...
    "I am quite confident that I do exist."
    "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

Quoth Dreamstalker View Post
      ... I wish we had a replicator in the back room...
      Better yet, a de-replicator, so you could combine all the complainants into their original slime.

Ref: Spold's Unstirring Divisor
      I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
      Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
      Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

And then how would the slime be handled? Cthulhu only knows what would happen if it got into the sewer system...

Would each "individual's" slime even want to associate with the rest? Or could they possibly recombine into something even worse?

Comment

I plan to buy something called a 'prowling owl' bird deterrent to scare the pigeons away from my balcony, but in the meantime I bought one of those plain ordinary garden-variety statues of an owl. I thought it might give me a few days' grace before they got suspicious of it.

It was up for a few hours. Mom is back on the nest.
          Customer service: More efficient than a Dementor's kiss
          ~ Mr Hero

Comment

For some reason, mom refuses to actually put clean clothes in my closet...instead choosing to pile them on my floor when I'm not home. Yet if I happen to leave any clothing at all on the floor she hits the roof.

Comment

People who can't bring themselves to put dishes in the dishwasher. Instead, they fill every dish up with water to the brim and let it sit in the sink for days, leaving it for me. I can understand if a dish has stuck-on food and needs to soak. But a glass that had a non-sticky liquid doesn't need soaking. And I'm the only one now who will actually turn the thing on. Why am I the Dish Queen?
              "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

The other tenants in our building who can't be arsed to break down their empty boxes or, yannow, actually put their trash in the thoughtfully-placed bins down in the trash room. Usually mom or I end up doing it when we take something down and there's no room.

When mom eats my food. We got lunch from a popular local place today. I always order extra to take to work the next day...today it happened to be a second portion of an item that she ordered because I had a coupon. Guess what? She ate both portions because "well I see you got something else and it was free anyway"...doesn't matter, I still paid for it. And you whine about me spending money on crap food at work...this is why.

Comment

Working...
                X