• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here is the video of it.

https://youtu.be/kn6_X75rfS4

Comment

Thanks! I tried to find it, but Google failed me. >_<
      "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
      "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
      "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
      "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
      "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
      "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
      Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
      "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Always sad when a beloved regular leaves their job that provides such entertaining content for us, but good on you for making the change and improving your prospects, Arga. We'll miss the Tow Files, but you're always welcome on the board!
        PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

Quoth EricKei View Post
          Say, Arga – I have a new career goal for you, with regards to careful driving. This was done by the truck backing up into position and then settling down a bit.

Now that's pretty impressive.

Grats, Arga, on moving up to the Peterbilt of Natural Selection (as someone else around here puts it).

Time for the theme song? Or is it this one?
          Cheap, fast, good. Pick two.
          They want us to read minds, I want read/write.

Comment

Quoth Ceir View Post
            Time for the theme song? Or is it this one?
            Or maybe this?
            Life is too short to not eat popcorn.
            Save the Ales!
            Toys for Tots at Rooster's Cafe

Comment

Aww, I guess we gotta retire #drumbeats (as featured by GTOger -- go check out his tow vids, y'all), then.
              "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
              "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
              "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
              "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
              "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
              "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
              Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
              "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Well, just because you are changing professions does not mean you won't have stories - just not about towing =)
                EVE Online: 99% of the time you sit around waiting for something to happen, but that 1% of action is what hooks people like crack, you don't get interviewed by the BBC for a WoW raid.

Comment

Quoth AccountingDrone View Post
                  Well, just because you are changing professions does not mean you won't have stories - just not about towing =)
                  Trying to curse him to interesting times? Aren't times interesting enough already for everyone?
                  You're only delaying the inevitable, you run at your own expense. The repo man gets paid to chase you. ~Argabarga

Comment

As someone who had a job where I was driving 1600 miles every week, I can say that having stories about stupid people you encounter on the road is not a maybe, but a 'how many tried to win a Darwin Award with my trucks bumper this week' kind of thing.

Comment

My favorite uncle, who's a retired trucker, would agree with this.
                      "Crazy may always be open for business, but on the full moon, it has buy one get one free specials." - WishfulSpirit

"Sometimes customers remind me of zombies, but I'm pretty sure that zombies are smarter." - MelindaJoy77

Comment

Well, I'll still have Tow Files fodder until at least November..... since school runs until the end of September and then there's placement programs to go through to actually get oriented with a trucking job...

But until then? With one last football season to go?

There's enough for a few more.

Got my learner's permit officially this week, and hit the road for real.
                        Attached Files
                        - They say nothing good happens at 2AM, they're right, I happen at 2AM.

Comment

Quoth Arcus View Post
                          As someone who had a job where I was driving 1600 miles every week, I can say that having stories about stupid people you encounter on the road is not a maybe, but a 'how many tried to win a Darwin Award with my trucks bumper this week' kind of thing.
                          You don't even have to drive that much nor that big, I do 800 miles a week, usually in a Transit Express (or is it a Connect, whatever they're calling it this time), and I've kinda become numb to the stupidity.
                          Seph
                          Taur10
                          "You're supposed to be the head of covert intelligence. Right now, I'm not seeing a hell of a lot of intelligence. Covert, overt, or otherwise!"-Lochley, B5, A View from the Gallery

Comment

Odds are, you'll have some Morons in Management or Cursing Out Coworkers stories after you get started.
                            Low lie the Fields of Athenry/ Where once we watched the small free birds fly/ Our love was on the wing/ we had dreams and songs to sing/ It's so lonely around the Fields of Athenry

Comment

Make sure your medicine chest is well-stocked before you embark on your new career.
                              Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Hey congratulations!! I'll miss your Tow Files stories but you gotta do what's right for you and I wish you the best of luck!
                                When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Working...
                                X