Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Weird things about Terminator and Terminator 2 I've been thinking about.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Then there is Robert A. Heinlein's classic short story, " '—All You Zombies—' " ...
    I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
    Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
    Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Which was the basis for the film "Predestination".

As for objects in a time loop, there's also the watch from "Somewhere In Time".
      "Crazy may always be open for business, but on the full moon, it has buy one get one free specials." - WishfulSpirit

"Sometimes customers remind me of zombies, but I'm pretty sure that zombies are smarter." - MelindaJoy77

Comment

Here's another Terminator one: Why did they have to be sent back in time naked? Never understood that.
        Skilled programmers aren't cheap. Cheap programmers aren't skilled.

Comment

Quoth mjr View Post
          Here's another Terminator one: Why did they have to be sent back in time naked? Never understood that.
          I think Kyle Reese explained in the first one that only organic materials could be sent back. T-800s could get around this because their mechanical parts were sheathed in organic material. ETA: There may not have been enough clothing made of organic materials that had survived Judgment Day.

Mind you, this doesn't explain how the T-1000 or Terminatrix could be sent back, since they're both completely made of metal that just imitates the appearance of organic material.
          PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

Quoth Jay 2K Winger View Post
            I think Kyle Reese explained in the first one that only organic materials could be sent back. T-800s could get around this because their mechanical parts were sheathed in organic material. ETA: There may not have been enough clothing made of organic materials that had survived Judgment Day.

Mind you, this doesn't explain how the T-1000 or Terminatrix could be sent back, since they're both completely made of metal that just imitates the appearance of organic material.
            Ok, but wouldn't cotton or leather be considered "organic materials"?
            Skilled programmers aren't cheap. Cheap programmers aren't skilled.

Comment

Quoth mjr View Post
              Yeah... that's where it falls apart for me, too.

--I mean, shhhh, you're not supposed to think about that!
              PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

Quoth mjr View Post
                Kyle explained it as only something LIVING will go through, something about the electrical field generated by a human body, or something. Science clearly wasn't his strongest subject.
                "Eventually one outgrows the fairy tales of childhood, belief in Santa and the Easter Bunny, and believing that SCs are even capable of imagining themselves in our position."
                --StanFlouride

Comment

Working...
                X