Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Very weird Facebook messages

So this week I wake up to this delightful collection of messages:

'My son is busy making his girlfriend a mum...if he can't do it right,we'll get the family to help'
    'We had to shrink my daughter's mum as it was getting too big for her and you couldn't see her behind it.... '
    'We just decided to buy my daughter a new mum from the shop-her friends are borrowing some of their older sisters'ones '

We had a full thread of these from my Texan friends before someone clocked me in on what the hell everyone was going on about.
    The Copyright Monster has made me tell you that my avatar is courtesy of the wonderful Alice XZ.And you don't want to annoy the Copyright Monster.

...Flowers??? I hope.
    "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
    "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
    "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
    "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
    "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
    "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
    Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
    "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Mum is an Americanism for Chrysanthemum, a large flower frequently used as corsages for high school dances (at least they were when I did such things). Chrysanthemums are also a large ornamental plant frequently used in landscaping.

Somehow a flower doesn't seem to fit in well with those remarks.
      Last edited by Ironclad Alibi; 09-06-2021, 07:50 PM.
      "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

A little Google-fu has lead me to enlightenment.

I have friends and relatives in Texas (My father was raised in Texas). Never heard of it before.
        Life is too short to not eat popcorn.
        Save the Ales!
        Toys for Tots at Rooster's Cafe

Comment

Mum is a fairly unused term nowdays, but both my mom and grandma used it. I do know that florists still use it because it makes their paperwork easier.

Comment

My Mom still uses it, but one of major Hobbies is flower gardening.
            Just sliding down the razor blade of life.

Comment

Working...
            X