RevCan is apparently more desperate than usual

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RevCan is apparently more desperate than usual

I got an aggrieved communication from Canada Revenue Agency, reminding me that I have not yet filed my 2019 tax returns and indicating they are concerned that perhaps my health is uncertain or something ...

Given their looming presence, I figured I must owe a fair amount of money. So I finally took my 2019 taxes in to a local company.

And the local company discovered that yes, I do owe money.

A whole $10.

No, that's not a typo. TEN DOLLARS.

So on Friday I'm going to go pick up my return papers and send CRA their so-desperately-needed ten bucks. So they don't go bankrupt.
    Customer service: More efficient than a Dementor's kiss
    ~ Mr Hero

I somehow neglected to file my state income taxes a few years ago. They were filed a year late. I think the state didn't mind since I got a refund.
    "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Usually RevCan doesn't care either if you've got a refund coming. That's why I anticipated the worst when they sent me that grim letter. The guy who did my taxes said they are leaning on EVERYBODY who owes them any amount, no matter how small.
      Customer service: More efficient than a Dementor's kiss
      ~ Mr Hero

Comment

The US IRS and most states will pay out a refund if you are not more than three years late. The IRS typically puts out a press release announcing the refunds that will revert to the US Treasury if returns are not filed to claim them.
        If you owe, be prepared to pay a penalty and interest. Though penalty waivers have been more common with covid.
        Last edited by taxguykarl; 10-12-2021, 08:41 PM.
        I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
        -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

RevCan... Gives me a vision of a YouTube video of a beer cans being spun to destruction. "OK, Molson's blew up at 3800 rpm, let's see what this can of Labatte's will take."
          I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
          Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
          Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Working...
          X