Whut ....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whut ....

Did I miss an announcement? Because this is not the site I've been seeing for the past umpty-umpties ...
    Customer service: More efficient than a Dementor's kiss
    ~ Mr Hero

Okay, please ignore this. I found the thread explaining what has happened, is happening, and will happen, but for some reason couldn't reply directly to it.
    ~ Mr Hero

Comment

Same nuts, different fruitcake.
      I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
      Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
      Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Pix - This one? It's not locked nor restricted that I can see. We're still working out the gremlins, though. Others have been able to respond. PM me if you're still having problems with it.

Of note - I and some others have gotten an error popup when trying to post. If that happens, just refresh the page (f5); it looks like the posts/threads have been going through anyway.

Also, expect some more downtime today and/or tomorrow. The old host is shutting down, and it seems likely that PPE will receive little to no notice whatsoever before it happens. He's got everything backing up on an accelerated schedule, though.

http://www.customerssuck.com/board/f...re#post2071917
        "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
        "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
        "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
        "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
        "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
        "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
        Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
        "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

I can't post in that thread either, EricKei. I can't post in that part of the boards at all. I did send a message to the web master (via the contact us link at the bottom).
          You're only delaying the inevitable, you run at your own expense. The repo man gets paid to chase you. ~Argabarga

Comment

Send to PPE, the owner. He's in the middle of the physical; migration today, so I don't actually know where the "webmaster" messages go to.

http://www.customerssuck.com/board/m...4-prplppleater
            "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
            "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
            "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
            "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
            "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)

Comment

It seems our attempts to keep the riffraff out are working after all
              The Copyright Monster has made me tell you that my avatar is courtesy of the wonderful Alice XZ.And you don't want to annoy the Copyright Monster.

Comment

Downtime Noun: When the board is safe from the users.
                I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Speaking of which - Expect downtime at about oh-dark-thirty tonight, after all the good little boys and girls have been tucked safely into their beds. So, none of us. The physical server move is complete, PPE just needs to do a final backup & restore.

Comment

Quoth Kit-Ginevra View Post
                    It seems our attempts to keep the riffraff out are working after all
                    But ... but ... you're still here ...

Nope still can't post to the "Site News" thread. Also I am not authorized to see page 3 of same ...

Also, we can't add avatars now, apparently. Everything I've tried to add as an avatar photo comes back with the message that the image is 'corrupted.'
                    ~ Mr Hero

Comment

AAAAND (this is a "Just FYI") when I do respond where I can, I get an error message that says

"Error while saving content: %1$s

Error information: 200 parsererror SyntaxError: Unexpected end of JSON input
                      "

... whatever all that gibberish means. However, when I refresh the page, my posts are there.
                      ~ Mr Hero

Comment

PPE has been researching them, it's just taking time. Sorry about all of this.

Comment

Anyone still watching this thread: Are you still having issues? If so, please let us know. If not, please let us know that, too

Comment

Working...
                          X