Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Could I vent for a bit about working at home?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Could I vent for a bit about working at home?

I've been sick for a week and I'm the girl who never gets sick. Turning on the floor fan triggers the coughing. My spine already hurts from that. My brother is home today and has been in and out of that bathroom several times for 10 minutes at a time. This is not usual. Every time, he turns on that fan and since the cadence is uneven, it distracts me. So I turn on the floor fan to drown it out. Coughing again. I have a collection of hand towels that I picked out to look nice im that bathroom and he is forever using them for every other purpose. The rust colored one I wanted to put out to match the decorative towels is missing. Yes, I know it's just a towel but he has bath towels. Why is he using the shared hand towels for personal purposes? It'll end up in the recesses of the laundry until it gets washed and I confiscate it. I know that's dumb but it's technically my property and it's just a weird thing with me. I was up until 4:00 coughing so that is why all this annoys me even more. I usually take a nap on my lunch but I suspect he'll wake me up in some way inadvertently. I need to live alone.

Oh, and my productivity is nil today. I was supposed to make up for yesterday where the systems kept booting me off.

So how's your day going?
    "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Eep. I hope you feel better soon.
    With regards to that fan -- Does it just need a really good cleaning or something? Is there dust (or worse) lurking down there that could be causing it?
    "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
    "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
    "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
    "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
    "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
    "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
    Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
    "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

The bathroom fan? It's just very loud and my bedroom shares a wall with the bathroom. I was very tired today but able to get stuff done because he was at work.

Comment

I actually love working remotely. My "commute" is across the house. I write software, so it's easier to work remotely. But I actually really love working at home.
        Skilled programmers aren't cheap. Cheap programmers aren't skilled.

Comment

I would like working at home if I lived alone. Brother has finally gone back to work but he is home 3-4 days a week and that makes 3 people in the house. It's too much for me. Can't afford to move and even if I could, if I leave the utilities/property tax don't get paid. Plus I do want to spend my mom's final years with her.

Comment

Working...
          X