Don't like it

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Don't like it

I hate to sound like a sucky customer...but I do NOT like the new look for the site. I appreciate the work PPE has done to keep it up and running. I just really, really dislike how it looks after the latest server move.
    You're only delaying the inevitable, you run at your own expense. The repo man gets paid to chase you. ~Argabarga

That's understandable. I don't think that I'm totally enamored with it, either, but the current look was the path of least resistance to getting things functional; it was a close-ish approximation of what we had.

In terms of color/style/theme, there are other options in the dropdown in the bottom left corner. It is set to "Default vB5 Style" by default, but you can select from any of the others in the list.
    Granted, I think this one is probably closest of the bunch to the old look, but there are choices.
    Additional styles are planned, but cosmetics aren't being focused on until we finish ironing out all of the functionality issues left over from the upgrade. A *LOT* changed in vBulletin between the old version 3 that the site used to run to the current version 5.6, and unfortunately, one of those things was the entire way they constructed their styles/themes and the old look was completely unusable. On top of that, it was sufficiently old that the company that Raps first got that style from isn't even around any longer, so getting an updated version of it wasn't an option, either.

Anyway, we WILL be looking at purchasing some additional styles, and maybe even customizing some of our own, so the options that exist are not what we will be limited to in the future.
    Veni, Vidi, Velcro

Comment

It wasn't intentional. The board software was several versions behind, so we finally upgraded it. I don't think any of us knew it was going to change to the extent that it did. There are some good things, and there are some not-so-good things, including some behind-the-scenes features that were discontinued, which were heavily used by the moderating team. And a few things got broken, some of which we've fixed, and some that we're still chasing bugs in.
      Sometimes life is altered.
      Break from the ropes your hands are tied.
      Uneasy with confrontation.
      Won't turn out right. Can't turn out right

Comment

Ooooh, I have choices!! I can pick from Default vB5 Style and Default vB5 Style - Larger Font. Those are the options showing for me.

I'm more just whinging than anything, putting my opinion out there for whatever it's worth (not much). The fact that this place still even exists is astounding and wonderful.
        You're only delaying the inevitable, you run at your own expense. The repo man gets paid to chase you. ~Argabarga

Comment

... feeling like the woodpecker when they cut down the forest ...
          ... flying into the trees that aren't there ...
          I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
          Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
          Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Quoth Kittish
            Ooooh, I have choices!! I can pick from Default vB5 Style and Default vB5 Style - Larger Font. Those are the options showing for me.

I'm more just whinging than anything, putting my opinion out there for whatever it's worth (not much). The fact that this place still even exists is astounding and wonderful.
            Ok, this answers a question I'd had about the other styles, lol. I actually wasn't 100% certain they were all marked as user-selectable.

I'll get the others made available shortly.
            Veni, Vidi, Velcro

Comment

Check the list now.
              Veni, Vidi, Velcro

Comment

You fail miserably at being a SC! No screaming and yelling, no threats not to come here again, no threats of legal action or a full blown hysteria fit as to how the site's ruined for over? Disappointing
                The Copyright Monster has made me tell you that my avatar is courtesy of the wonderful Alice XZ.And you don't want to annoy the Copyright Monster.

Comment

But did it ruin your Christmas?
                  Life is too short to not eat popcorn.
                  Save the Ales!
                  Toys for Tots at Rooster's Cafe

Comment

I'd say it ruined my Thanksgiving but the Canadian Thanksgiving was last month ....
                    Customer service: More efficient than a Dementor's kiss
                    ~ Mr Hero

Comment

I like the new layout. The more I use it the better I like it. Thee are many improvements over the previous version, especially not having to refresh the pages to see what's unseen.
                      "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Quoth PrplPplEater View Post
                        Check the list now.
                        Lots more options for color combinations, yes. Nothing that changes the layout style at all. Oh well. I'll get used to it, but I'm going to grumble and grump about it for a while.

Comment

Quoth csquared View Post
                          But did it ruin your Christmas?
                          Nope. Didn't ruin Thanksgiving, either.

Comment

The title of this thread reminded me of the following puzzle.

This is a fill in the blank word game. The rules are that you have to use all the letters from the previous word in the next word and add another letter. No letter is repeated in any of the words.

“_ do not like __," said the man with the black ___. "The ____ may be impressive but when you _____ a body you _______ a ______ power of investigation. ________ against _________ will increase when the __________ of this is generally recognized."

"I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Ooh I've workeded it out!

Is it...

I,it,tie,rite,inter,retain,certain,reaction,cremat ion,importance
                              The Copyright Monster has made me tell you that my avatar is courtesy of the wonderful Alice XZ.And you don't want to annoy the Copyright Monster.

Comment

Working...
                              X