Alas ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alas ...

One of the reasons I was happy to get this apartment was because of the activities the building offered (it's a building aimed at those 50 and older).

Well, thanks to that little bugger named COVID, it seems possible that all those activities are gone forever. There was no Halloween party and there will obviously be no Christmas party (the poster would've been up in the lobby by now). Ditto the coffee room, the craft room, the movie room, the Friday luncheons, and so on. I don't know if the Social Club even exists anymore.

Fuck you, COVID, you crappy little mutant.
    Customer service: More efficient than a Dementor's kiss
    ~ Mr Hero

That is a bummer. It sucks that social activities have been canceled, not just yours but fairs and festivals and other gatherings. It's going to take a very long time to get back to normal, if it ever does.
    Last edited by XCashier; 11-16-2021, 12:26 PM.
    I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
    My LiveJournal
    A page we can all agree with!

Comment

I don't believe COVID will end it forever. The last pandemic of this level took a couple years before life returned to normal and I believe it will again this time

Comment

In reality, , the end goal for the world is to develop enough immunity to the virus, where we will regulate it to 'cold' status, either through vaccines, exposure, or death.
        Just sliding down the razor blade of life.

Comment

Quoth drunkenwildmage View Post
          In reality, , the end goal for the world is to develop enough immunity to the virus, where we will regulate it to 'cold' status, either through vaccines, exposure, or death.
          I think the best we'll be able to hope for is "flu" status. Colds don't generally kill people. The flu still does, just not AS many as it used to.
          You're only delaying the inevitable, you run at your own expense. The repo man gets paid to chase you. ~Argabarga

Comment

Quoth Kittish View Post

I think the best we'll be able to hope for is "flu" status. Colds don't generally kill people. The flu still does, just not AS many as it used to.

True...i was thinking along the lines of Colds because most colds are caused by other versions of the coronavirus.
            Just sliding down the razor blade of life.

Comment

dwm - Rhinoviruses are up there, as well, it would seem.
              "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
              "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
              "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
              "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
              "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
              "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
              Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
              "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Working...
              X