Just a minor vent

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just a minor vent

I hate that minor things have to be argued with in this house. Brother lost his job and is bored, has been antsy to decorate for Christmas. I'm not, but I put up a few things the other day. Today he and Mom are doing the tree. I walked in, found my prized, gifted man in the moon ornament, and asked they be careful and also put it near the top because (silly but fun reason) "the moon is in the sky". Brother's immediate response was "go ahead; tree's right here." OK, first, I didn't volunteer to do the tree. Second, I always put it last which I can do since it's my ornament, as are most of them [you're welcome!] and I can do it how I want. So I said that it should go on last after the other stuff is on and I can see a good place to put it. It's the same idea as putting the topper on last. His immediate response is telling me "Why not put it on and then the other stuff around it?" to which I replied, reiterating my reason, "I want to see where there's a good space". He could not understand and kept arguing that his way was better to which I finally had to reply, "Well, this is my tradition." "Well, that makes more sense," he said. Why did I have to justify it in the first place? Because his way is ALWAYS superior.
    He's so insecure that he can't let people do stuff how they want, especially inconsequential things like finding a place to put a nail in the wall to hang something. When we all first moved in he saw how I was doing that and said "This is how you measure for a nail." No, dude, that is how YOU do it. This is how I do it and it's perfectly fine. (I put the wreath on the wall angled correctly for the fact that it was a bit uneven, but looked good on the wall, then placed the nail where it should go to hold it, making a small mark to show where to hammer it in. He wanted to get out a tape measure. That's fine if you're hanging a perfectly symmetrical item but this was visually a bit heavier in one spot. I'm not an engineer; I look at it artistically. Neither way is wrong.) I guess he's annoyed that I told them how to do it but this ornament means more to me than any of the others. I've had it since high school and my best friend gave it to me. I never, ever get to see her.

We have been getting along so well with him not taking his feelings out on me.
    "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

He lost his job? How did that happen?
    Customers should always be served . . . to the nearest great white.

Comment

He says it's his fault totally, having been the Engineer for the day. But we both know they've been trying to get rid of him because overall, he did a fantastic job and made coworkers look bad, even the Chief and Captain. It was his responsibility to make sure everything was correct before pulling the rig out of the bay but one of the doors was open. The whole team is lax with some things. The Captain was in the rig with his seatbelt off which has a red indicator light. Guess what else is a red light? The door indicator. Brother had been sick for weeks and still had to work. He was very tired and missed it. Pulled the engine out the bay and the door hit the wall and broke off. I don't know if they were on their way to a call or were just moving the truck. But if a door puts it out of commission, how can they fight a fire? Now they feel like they can't trust him. Nevermind they break rules all the time and some of the guys complain about things like giving life-saving Narcan to patients. They don't care if someone lives or dies but he's the untrustworthy one. How about we don't run our staff ragged and expect them to be perfect in an emergency, hmmmm? I don't know if he can still be a FF.

Comment

My respect for the fire department just went down several notches.

Comment

As it should be. You don't want to know the things some of them say about patients behind their backs.

Comment

I have some idea. Mother was a nurse . . .

Comment

Working...
            X