Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I might be getting interviewed by my local newspaper!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I might be getting interviewed by my local newspaper!

It's a small, local newspaper (there's about 20K people in my town).

I "cold emailed" one of the people who works there. I introduced myself and told him briefly about my music.

He wrote me back and said "Would welcome an opportunity to meet you and interview you."

So that's kinda neat! We'll see how things go...
    Skilled programmers aren't cheap. Cheap programmers aren't skilled.

Good luck! My boyfriend was written up in our local paper when he started publishing. Local papers LOVE 'hometown person makes it' style stories.
    You're only delaying the inevitable, you run at your own expense. The repo man gets paid to chase you. ~Argabarga

Comment

Quoth Kittish View Post
      Good luck! My boyfriend was written up in our local paper when he started publishing. Local papers LOVE 'hometown person makes it' style stories.
      I wouldn't say I've "made it". I just released some music digitally that virtually nobody's listened to (and, let's be honest, a lot of people won't, even those who say they will -- that's just how it goes). I've had people tell me they were going to listen, and one person who told me that they actually did, but nothing else.

Comment

Hey, maybe try to get your local radio station (if you have one) to actually air one of your songs. The Next Great Love Song, maybe? That's "made it" enough for most local journalists.
        You're only delaying the inevitable, you run at your own expense. The repo man gets paid to chase you. ~Argabarga

Comment

Quoth Kittish View Post
          Hey, maybe try to get your local radio station (if you have one) to actually air one of your songs. The Next Great Love Song, maybe? That's "made it" enough for most local journalists.
          It's interesting you mention that song in particular. One of the people who actually listened to my EP said that was probably the one they liked the best on the EP.

Comment

Small update. I also emailed the county newspaper. One of the people there got back to me, and said he was forwarding my information to one of their reporters, as he said he thought it would be "a great feature article".

So we'll see what happens.

Comment

Working...
            X