Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So I was in an accident yesterday...

And I still can't believe it.

I was riding the bus. The driver was going down the street; we were only a minute or two from my stop. I happened to be sitting in the seat at the front of the bus, so I had a clear view out the front window. Everything was okay, until we approached an intersection (not a busy one, and there are no traffic lights). I saw this car that was well into the intersection, just sitting there. I was convinced that the driver would back up - there wasn't time to cross the street, or to turn either way. The driver just had to back up, and...

He didn't. I had enough time to brace myself before the bus crunched into the car. I had an excellent view of the airbags deploying.

Seeing as how the driver and I were the only ones who knew the crash was imminent, the other passengers were, to put it mildly, surprised. One elderly man was holding his head. Another had a cut over his eye (and he had a LOT to say about that). I heard a child crying. Evidently, several people fell.

I got off the bus, after asking the man who'd hit his head if he was all right (he didn't answer). I went to the driver's side of the car to see if the driver was all right, but the driver and two passengers had already vacated the car. We were standing around, nobody knowing quite what to do. The driver called in the accident, and a cop showed up surprisingly quickly. I asked a few other people if they were all right, and one lady told me she'd bumped the back of her head, so I took a look at it. Finally, I left; I had an appointment downtown. I don't know yet if I'll be required to tell the police what I saw, but I'm ready to do so.

I have no idea what the driver of the car was doing. The car was well ahead of the crosswalk, right out in the intersection, and the driver didn't even move. Any farther into the intersection, and the bus would have t-boned it (and who knows what that would have done to the driver and the passengers).

Man, some people.

Have you been to a doctor to be checked yet?
    Customers should always be served . . . to the nearest great white.

Comment

Quoth Kristev View Post
      Have you been to a doctor to be checked yet?
      No, there's no need. I'm not in any pain, and everything works fine.

Comment

There IS need. You might have some soft tissue damage that isn't yet apparent. You might have strained or pulled something. You had a shot of adrenaline, so you might not feel any potential injuries right away. It's a good idea to get checked over just in case.
        You're only delaying the inevitable, you run at your own expense. The repo man gets paid to chase you. ~Argabarga

Comment

Okay, okay... I made an appointment to see my doctor. I still don't think anything's wrong; no bruising, no soreness, nothing. Like I said in my first post, I had time to brace myself before we hit.

But thanks for caring.

Comment

Quoth Eireann View Post
            Okay, okay... I made an appointment to see my doctor. I still don't think anything's wrong; no bruising, no soreness, nothing. Like I said in my first post, I had time to brace myself before we hit.

But thanks for caring.
            The person causing the accident should pay for your checkup.
            "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Quoth Ironclad Alibi View Post

The person causing the accident should pay for your checkup.
              Worry not! I have health insurance. I have no idea who the driver was, just that they decided to stop almost right in the middle of the freaking intersection and stay there. After the accident, when the driver and passengers got out of the car, they just stood around with blank looks on their faces. Come to think of it, none of them appeared to be hurt. I can't say the same for all the passengers on the bus, as written above.

Comment

I'm glad you're getting checked over. Probably you're right, and you didn't get hurt at all. Best to be sure. Thank you.
                You're only delaying the inevitable, you run at your own expense. The repo man gets paid to chase you. ~Argabarga

Comment

All is well. The doctor looked me over and found nothing wrong. Now, I get to have a yearly checkup. What fun!

Comment

In such situations, I advise you to see a doctor right away. Even the most minor injuries on your body can become evidence of a crime.

Comment

Working...
                    X