Here comes the big hot...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Here comes the big hot...

Extreme heatwave on the way for the UK Could hit 105F/40C for the first time ever. Now that's a moderately warm day for the Arizonans, but here it's unprecedented. Schools are shutting, people are panic buying icecreams and water and suncream. And of course I'm sure in the heat, all our customers are going to be cool and calm and collected.....
    The Copyright Monster has made me tell you that my avatar is courtesy of the wonderful Alice XZ.And you don't want to annoy the Copyright Monster.

Yeap. Just as soon as you let them sit in the freezer room.

"I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Are any of our European friend still in solid form, or have you all melted?

Stay cool.
      Stay safe.
      Life is too short to not eat popcorn.
      Save the Ales!
      Toys for Tots at Rooster's Cafe

Comment

105 degrees! First time it's hit 40C here. Schools closed, rails melting. As for me, I set up a triangle between the shower,the freezer and the bed with all the windows open. At least we had a little breeze but it was extremely hot and humid and then violent thunderstorms as the temperature dropped. I have seen- plastic litter bins melting and a metal bollard shooting flames out like some sort of
        The Copyright Monster has made me tell you that my avatar is courtesy of the wonderful Alice XZ.And you don't want to annoy the Copyright Monster.

Comment

All that heat is just a souvenir of your trip to Texas.

Record highs set Tuesday in Oklahoma and Texas

The south-central US already has seen brutal temperatures for the past few days. In Texas and Oklahoma on Tuesday, a number of record high temperatures were set for that particular day. That includes Wichita Falls, Texas, where Tuesday's high of 115 degrees broke a record of 112 set in 2018.

As of Tuesday, the Austin area had reached 100 degrees on 38 out of the last 44 days, according to the National Weather Service.
          "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Hmmm when I said I wanted something hot from Texas, that was not quite what I had in mind.... Meanwhile, there are wildfires over Europe.... flame:

Comment

Have you tried frying an egg on the sidewalk?
              Life is too short to not eat popcorn.
              Save the Ales!
              Toys for Tots at Rooster's Cafe

Comment

Quoth csquared View Post
                Have you tried frying an egg on the sidewalk?
                Or baking cookies on the dashboard of your car?
                "Crazy may always be open for business, but on the full moon, it has buy one get one free specials." - WishfulSpirit

"Sometimes customers remind me of zombies, but I'm pretty sure that zombies are smarter." - MelindaJoy77

Comment

Supposed to hit 102ºF today where I live. It hit 108ºF a couple of days ago.

I walked barefoot to the mailbox (just from my door to the curb) just the other day, then joked that the bottoms of my feet were "medium rare".
                  Last edited by mjr; 07-21-2022, 06:57 PM.
                  Skilled programmers aren't cheap. Cheap programmers aren't skilled.

Comment

Kit, do you have fans? If you put frozen stuff (not blocks of ice, as they melt they will add to the humidity) in front of them it cools the stream of air a little. Frozen undies sound kinky, but they do help a bit. While putting things in the freezer, lay a water filled gallon freezer bag flat to freeze. At night, double bag your semi-flat bag of ice and put it under your pillow. Another bag by your feet can be helpful as well. Try to block the sun from coming in your windows, they add a lot of heat to your home.

You have my sympathy, we are used to that sort of heat in Arizona but our homes are planned for it.

Comment

Quoth Slave to the Phone
                      Kit, do you have fans?
                      Well I would like to think so . I'm sure the ladies will form a line to show their appreciation.

Frozen undies sound kinky, but they do help a bit
                      Which was my defence when I was charged with nicking the neighbour's daughter's bra and putting it in the freezer during truth or dare...

Another bag by your feet can be helpful as well
                      True...but again she might not like me referring to her as that

There's a heat warning for Nevada for 115F!! We're definitely not used to it here.It's dropped down now thank goodness... the windows have been permanently open to at least get a breeze and get things circulating

Comment

I pop my work shirt in the online-pickup freezer when I get into work, then put it on when we open (depending on who's running the front, I can sometimes get away with being "out of uniform" until I absolutely have to). I also put my facemask/hat in there as well; my mask is infused with copper/silver fibers, so it cools down quick.
                        "I am quite confident that I do exist."
                        "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

Working...
                        X