Ouch 2: Son Of Return Of The Ouch Strikes Back

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ouch 2: Son Of Return Of The Ouch Strikes Back

Hey Folks! Guess what? If you said that I’m having mobility issues again, ding, ding, ding! You win a cookie!

I’d finally made it back to work on 5/23, three months to the day I’d broken my femur, but whoever is in charge of crippling injuries decided they weren’t done with me yet. There was a sore on my left foot, the one I’d broken my leg on. I went to the ER, where they gave me an Xray and there was some foreign matter floating around, and to make an appointment with podiatry, where the earliest they could fait me in at the end of June. Needless to say, My little foot sore didn’t want to wait that long. On the morning of 6/1, I was in such excruciating pain that I could barely walk with my cane. So into my wheelchair I got into and made another trip to the ER. By this time the top front of my foot was almost completely red. They determined I had cellulitus as a complication of the ulcer on my foot. It took 3 procedures but all the dead tissue had been removed, along with my pinky toe.

I finally convinced my foot dr. the other day to let me have a boot, so I could at least attempt to walk again. With the help of the boot and a rollator, I can finally put weight on my foot, and I’ll be going home 8/8, but I’ll still have to have home therapy, along with help changing the dressing. It’s now just a matter of time waiting until the wound heals, then I can maybe go back to work.

I don’t mind saying that this nearly destroyed my confidence. I’m only just now getting it back. This has been the 2nd worst year of my life. (The first being when I lost my mom and had a breakdown) It can only up from hefe, I hope.
    Last edited by dendawg; 07-30-2022, 07:00 PM.

Sorry to hear about your pinky toe. I hope that the rest of you recovers quickly.

Life is too short to not eat popcorn.
    Save the Ales!
    Toys for Tots at Rooster's Cafe

Comment

I hope you recover quickly.
      "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

I too wish you to recover well and rapidly. And correctly.
        Customers should always be served . . . to the nearest great white.

Comment

It can only go up and hope it does.!
          Eh, one day I'll have something useful here. Until then, have a cookie or two.

Comment

Oof. Cellulitis. My Mom's has had repeated issues with cellulitis in her legs over the years. It was doubtless a contributing factor to all the complications that arose with the broken kneecap that (two years and multiple surgeries later) led to her leg getting amputated.

Hopefully yours doesn't go as badly as it did for my Mom. Goodvibes et cetera being sent your way, dendawg!
            PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

I'm home...hopefully I can have someone come every few days to change my dressing.

Comment

Working...
              X