Knight Rider Question...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Knight Rider Question...

I know, I know...fictional TV show and all...suspension of disbelief and whatnot...

But wouldn't FLAG have eventually run out of money? I get that Wilton Knight was a zillionaire, but all the R&D that went into KITT/KARR, salaries, facilities, etc. would have been very expensive. How did they continue to get money after Wilton Knight died? Was FLAG paid by the government or something?

And I know the answer is "the plot", but why would they deactivate KARR and put it in storage instead of just completely dismantling it?
    Skilled programmers aren't cheap. Cheap programmers aren't skilled.

Isn't the answer obvious? Just look at KITT/KARR. It was obviously the product of Cylon technology. (Just like the Metro buses in the DC area with their Cyclopean top light.) So the Cylons kept the funding going after Wilton Knight died.
    "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Money is the most common plot hole in so many movies and television shows.
      I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
      -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

I guess Knight Industries funded FLAG and presumably made their money from research and stuff.

Comment

Investment. Invest the money properly, slowly release bits of the super-advanced tech in a way that won't completely destabilise economies or allow dictators to make a couple of unstoppable citizen-killing machines, and the Foundation could have lasted forever. And, like most big companies, anyone could have kept Knight Industries running. It may have started as one man's dream but it takes a village.
          This was one of those times where my mouth says "have a nice day" but my brain says "go step on a Lego". - RegisterAce
          I can't make something magically appear to fulfill all your hopes and dreams. Believe me, if I could I'd be the first person I'd help. - Trixie

Comment

It was the 80s. Thanks to Reaganomics, people everywhere had huge surpluses of money. (/sarcasm)

Comment

Quoth dendawg View Post
              It was the 80s. Thanks to Reaganomics, people Corporations everywhere had huge surpluses of money. (/sarcasm)
              Fixed that for ya....

*yes that is a joke.

Comment

Working...
              X