Christmas Card Exchange - 2022! πŸŽ„

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quoth Kit-Ginevra View Post
    For just over 6 years this card has trooped its way round the world no doubt sharing stories and tales.
    I guess we should be thankful some of our cards took only a month or two to get to you.
    "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Well now we have gone from the sublime to the quite frankly bonkers.
      I moved house about 6 months ago.With my Christmas card from my old housemate, I received a couple of bits of mail that had sneaked through redirection. And a card from a Xmas Exchange that had arrived.
      The postmark(which they'd managed to stamp on the front of the card...) is Minneapolis. The end of the date is too smudged to read but definitely 201 something.It's signed from a Captain Neon,who a little bit of detective work tells me was a member here from 2016-17. So this must have been for Card Exchange 2016. For just over 6 years this card has trooped its way round the world no doubt sharing stories and tales.
      So Captain Neon, your merry card with a lovely 1950s style car with dog in Santa hat and presents with the tree on the roofrack has arrived to cheer me up!
      I don't remember the name, but he was indeed on the list in 2016.
      I don't go in for ancient wisdom
      I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
      It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Well now we have gone from the sublime to the quite frankly bonkers.
        I moved house about 6 months ago.With my Christmas card from my old housemate, I received a couple of bits of mail that had sneaked through redirection. And a card from a Xmas Exchange that had arrived.
        The postmark(which they'd managed to stamp on the front of the card...) is Minneapolis. The end of the date is too smudged to read but definitely 201 something.It's signed from a Captain Neon,who a little bit of detective work tells me was a member here from 2016-17. So this must have been for Card Exchange 2016. For just over 6 years this card has trooped its way round the world no doubt sharing stories and tales.
        So Captain Neon, your merry card with a lovely 1950s style car with dog in Santa hat and presents with the tree on the roofrack has arrived to cheer me up!
        Wow. If only that card could talk!
        Customer service: More efficient than a Dementor's kiss
        ~ Mr Hero

Comment

• Welp, it's February so I think we'll call it a year. There are still two stragglers out there, apparently; if they show up, feel free to share, but even so, I think that's the best year I've seen for cards being received and posted (at least since I've been the one keeping track). So good job, everyone. See you next year!

Card Tally 2022
          I don't go in for ancient wisdom
          I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
          It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

• Huzzah! Thank you all for the banner year, and we hope to see you all back 'round these parts (and maybe some new faces) in the Fall!
            "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
            "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
            "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
            "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
            "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
            "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
            Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
            "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Working...
            X