Do any of you use whiskey stones?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do any of you use whiskey stones?

I've been thinking about buying some. I've heard a wide variety of things from "they work great" to "they don't work at all".

I heard the soapstone ones are apparently the "least" effective, but there are also marble, granite, and stainless steel ones. Though I've heard the stainless steel ones leave a metallic taste.

Any of you ever use them? If so, which ones (i.e. what material)? Do you like them?
    Skilled programmers aren't cheap. Cheap programmers aren't skilled.

Quoth Kittish
    I don't know about whiskey stones, but I do use a stainless steel water bottle. My water did have a metallic taste for the first day or two that I was using the bottle and I would guess that the effect would persist longer with an item that doesn't get used as often. Though if you're using them regularly, stainless might be the way to go. Almost impossible to damage, where any of the others may crack or break if dropped or treated roughly. Also, you can use stainless whiskey stones to WARM drinks too, if you want to. Just boil them, quick dry on a clean towel, and into whatever. You can't really do that with the stone versions.
    That's really my only concern with the metal ones. The "metallic" taste thing. I don't want that when I'm sipping on something.
    Skilled programmers aren't cheap. Cheap programmers aren't skilled.

Comment

Why not get some small zip lock bags, freeze water in them and use those? Might not be pretty, but it should work.

"I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Working...
      X