COVID hit me

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• COVID hit me

Yep, I tested positive this morning. Quarantine for the next week.

Man, I want lots of new books and DVDs while I recover.

Do you have a streaming service? Ever seen the movie "Airplane!"? Might be good for a laugh or two (or a hundred) while you're recovering.
    Skilled programmers aren't cheap. Cheap programmers aren't skilled.

Comment

It's scary, but you'll be fine.
      Customers should always be served . . . to the nearest great white.

Comment

It got me as well a few months ago. The first couple of days will be rough, was for me but by the third day I was feeling better. You'll be okay, just take it easy during this week.
        Eh, one day I'll have something useful here. Until then, have a cookie or two.

Comment

I had COVID earlier this year, spent two days miserable, mostly fine by the third day, and the rest was just waiting out the quarantine. Hope you feel better, OP!
          PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

Feel better soon! Amazon, Instacart, DoorDash, and such are VERY useful during quarantine. Second the advice about streaming services. If you do have Amazon Prime, try the Kindle Unlimited to be able to borrow lots of e-books for only the monthly fee. Also, a lot of public libraries have e-books available these days too. There's always Project Gutenberg, too, if you like older books.

I had Covid in late August (lousy way to spend a birthday). Oddly, I didn't test positive until about the fifth day of symptoms (DH tested positive our mutual first day of symptoms. I'm vaccinated/boosted, he is not). I felt a lot better within a few days.
            "Crazy may always be open for business, but on the full moon, it has buy one get one free specials." - WishfulSpirit

"Sometimes customers remind me of zombies, but I'm pretty sure that zombies are smarter." - MelindaJoy77

Comment

Quoth mjr View Post
              Do you have a streaming service? Ever seen the movie "Airplane!"? Might be good for a laugh or two (or a hundred) while you're recovering.
              Airplane is more enjoyable if you watch Zero Hour first. Airplane is a spoof of Zero Hour.

A good book to read is Bullet Train, which the recent movie is based on.
              "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Best wishes, hope you get well soon... I'd be digging in to the Mel Brooks filmography if I was in your place. Blazing Saddles, Young Frankenstein, High Anxiety, Spaceballs, History of the World Part 1, etc...
                "Kamala the Ugandan Giant" 1950-2020 • "Bullet" Bob Armstrong 1939-2020 • "Road Warrior Animal" 1960-2020 • "Zeus" Tiny Lister Jr. 1958-2020 • "Hacksaw" Butch Reed 1954-2021 • "New Jack" Jerome Young 1963-2021 • "Mr. Wonderful" Paul Orndorff 1949-2021 • "Beautiful" Bobby Eaton 1958-2021 • Daffney 1975-2021

Comment

What I meant was, I wish someone would send me get-well presents, the way I did to a family member who had it earlier this year. I have an extensive collection of both DVDs and books, but it would have been nice to be surprised by something. I do have Blazing Saddles on DVD, and I think I have Airplane! too.

Comment

Working...
                  X