Entering the Twilight Zone...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Entering the Twilight Zone...

Staying with me on holiday is always.... entertaining. Somehow I never manage to get the straightforward normal hotel-with-comfy-bed,usual facilities... Oh no.I end up with stories to tell.

I am staying in an Airbnb. Which is in someone's home. Travelling on the bus I arrived in the middle of this housing estate. This is about 6 o'clock and it's starting to get dark. Each little block of houses must have about 10 houses in and there's about 12 different blocks I can see. None of them has any lights on-that's over 100 homes with not a sign of life. I was greeted at the door by an old Romanian woman who managed to tell me... 'Shoes off...bathroom...kitchen....lounge... bedroom...' and disappeared. I have not seen her since-I have heard snores which may be coming from her-the other set of snores I have not yet accounted for. The first morning I was here, I walked down to get some fresh air and catch the bus. After about 15 minutes I realize two things. I haven't seen or heard any cars or people. I have passed something like 1,000 houses and nobody is out-taking the kids or the dog for a walk,waiting at a bus stop,chatting to the neighbours,out doing the gardening,even just taking the bins out. There's no radios or people's voices. Just total quiet..
    The Copyright Monster has made me tell you that my avatar is courtesy of the wonderful Alice XZ.And you don't want to annoy the Copyright Monster.

Reminds me of an episode of The Magnus Archives podcast. Person gets trapped in a generic suburban neighborhood -- so generic that even the streets and roads are merely labeled Street and Road -- that seems completely uninhabited and banal etc.

Episode 150 - "Cul-De-Sac" - was the specific one.
    PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

The OP sounds a lot like the premier episode of The Twilight Zone, Where Is Everybody?
      "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Working...
      X