A Message From Beyond

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Message From Beyond

OMG. I just got a Facebook friend request from someone who died in 2019.

I think it might be a fake.
    "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Does seem a little dodgy, IMO.
    "Crazy may always be open for business, but on the full moon, it has buy one get one free specials." - WishfulSpirit

"Sometimes customers remind me of zombies, but I'm pretty sure that zombies are smarter." - MelindaJoy77

Comment

I'd be VERY worried that it's not a fake ...

When I first moved into my (now late) mother's house, she was already slipping into dementia and thought her father was still alive (Grandpa had by then been dead for some years). She kept making comments that indicated she thought I was living in HIS house (she seemed to have completely forgotten she even had a house).

I told my brother that if I started hearing somebody yelling in German, I was outta there ... quite possibly setting fire to the place on my way out the door.
      Last edited by Pixelated; 11-25-2022, 06:28 AM.
      Customer service: More efficient than a Dementor's kiss
      ~ Mr Hero

Comment

I just checked my Facebook friends list. He was already a friend from years ago. Clearly the new one was a faker.
        "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Oh, I thought somebody hacked into the account of your deceased friend. Setting up a whole new account with your friend's name is a different level of scammy. That actually sounds like a lot more work, if it was intentional.
          "I look at the stars. It's a clear night and the Milky Way seems so near. That's where I'll be going soon. "We are all star stuff." I suddenly remember Delenn's line from Joe's script. Not a bad prospect. I am not afraid. In the meantime, let me close my eyes and sense the beauty around me. And take that breath under the dark sky full of stars. Breathe in. Breathe out. That's all."
          -Mira Furlan

Comment

Oh, I had a message from my own dead mother about a year and a half ago. Told the person, "Gee, mom, I thought you were dead. If you aren't, whose ashes do I have then?" Also kinda funny because my mother had used her FB account maybe twice in her life and had actually deleted it about two months before she died.
            Eh, one day I'll have something useful here. Until then, have a cookie or two.

Comment

Working...
            X