Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone good with electronic components/ports on computers and TVs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone good with electronic components/ports on computers and TVs?

I have a c port to VGA converter that I use with a TV that's at least a few years old. Works w/ my Windows laptop. Did work with my chromebook but the TV now says No Signal. Tried the Things, the unplugging the adapter and the power and rebooting the chromebook; worked a time or two but it's just done. I am trying a usb to HDMI which I can return. Do you think using a different port with the chromebook will help? Or is there something else? TV has 1 VGA, 2 HDMI, and 1 RCA. I'm trying to extend, not mirror.
    "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

You could try a different port, but I get the feeling the drivers or the adapter are the issue. I would start with finding the newest drivers you can for the adapter

Comment

Downloading drivers, you mean? I can't download anything onto a Chromebook but it might do it in an update.

Comment

If it works on another device, your Chromebook's USB port could be going bad; if it works on another screen/TV, your screen has the issue. If both fail, it's likely the cable. Also, is it possible to safely clean the ports?
        "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
        "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
        "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
        "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
        "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
        "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
        Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
        "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Quoth Food Lady View Post
          Works w/ my Windows laptop.
          This tells me that the adapter and the TV are fine. The problem is in the Chromebook. Could be drivers or hardware.

When you got the adapter, did it say that it was compatible with Chromebook? Do you have a make and model on the adapter?

Life is too short to not eat popcorn.
          Save the Ales!
          Toys for Tots at Rooster's Cafe

Comment

Quoth csquared View Post
            This tells me that the adapter and the TV are fine. The problem is in the Chromebook. Could be drivers or hardware.
            When you got the adapter, did it say that it was compatible with Chromebook? Do you have a make and model on the adapter?

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B09FNXNCG8...roduct_details It did work with my chromebook for a couple of weeks. I have an Acer 315. The laptop it does work with is a Dell Latitude 5430.
            Last edited by Food Lady; 11-30-2022, 01:30 AM.

Comment

And the description does say that is Chromebook compatible.

I am not familiar with Chromebooks. I would suggest checking display setting. Does the Chromebook see the adapter? Probably won't see the TV. Is the second display enabled?

Do you have anything to test the USB-C port with?

I hope this points you in the right direction.
              Life is too short to not eat popcorn.
              Save the Ales!
              Toys for Tots at Rooster's Cafe

Comment

I think I'm giving up but thanks for trying, guys.

Comment

Working...
                X