What annoys you?--a place to put it and leave it

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What annoys you?--a place to put it and leave it

I figure if something is irritating you, you can put it here to get it off your chest.

For me it's people who unintentionally or purposely miss your joke and then dismiss it by focusing on a detail that's nothing at all to do with the funniness. Like, just laugh. I'M FUNNY, DARNIT.
    "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

People who lick their fingers to turn pages in books I loan them.

People who lick their fingers to separate money or pages as they hand them to me.

People who need to 'add on' to a hilarious joke by repeating the punch line at the end... again.
    "Kamala the Ugandan Giant" 1950-2020 • "Bullet" Bob Armstrong 1939-2020 • "Road Warrior Animal" 1960-2020 • "Zeus" Tiny Lister Jr. 1958-2020 • "Hacksaw" Butch Reed 1954-2021 • "New Jack" Jerome Young 1963-2021 • "Mr. Wonderful" Paul Orndorff 1949-2021 • "Beautiful" Bobby Eaton 1958-2021 • Daffney 1975-2021

Comment

People who explain the joke. If it was funny before the explanation, it won't be after. If it wasn't, explaining doesn't help.

Whistling.

Speakerphones or too-loud music in public places.

Boom cars.
      "Crazy may always be open for business, but on the full moon, it has buy one get one free specials." - WishfulSpirit

"Sometimes customers remind me of zombies, but I'm pretty sure that zombies are smarter." - MelindaJoy77

Comment

People who don't know how to wait. For instance, you're talking with Person 1 and Person 2 starts talking to you as if Person 1 isn't there.

People who assume you're not doing anything. For instance, you're finishing up Customer 1's transaction and Customer 2 starts telling you what they want as if you're not doing anything.
        My Fanfic Page
        My Fiction Page
        My Social Group
        My Pet Social Group
        My You Tube Channel

Comment

People who respond to anything you say with "It IS?!" or "Oh it is, huh?" or some variant. They're not being funny, or clever, they're just saying something stupid to draw attention to themselves.
          I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
          My LiveJournal
          A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Quoth XCashier View Post
            People who respond to anything you say with "It IS?!" or "Oh it is, huh?" or some variant. They're not being funny, or clever, they're just saying something stupid to draw attention to themselves.
            My brother did a variant of this last night in regard to something I said to Mom. It's a way of arguing with what I've said and it's not even on a conscious level. It's an underlying desire to prove me wrong on stuff because he's insecure. People who do that are insec.....OK, makes sense you said that they're drawing attention to themselves.

Speaking of family, mine just got an air fryer even though our brand new oven DOES AIR FRYER and also convection. But OK, maybe in summer they don't want to heat it up. Fine. However, they put it in the spot where the toaster oven was because "it doesn't heat up." Uh, yes it does. I used it the other night. And I paid for it so I'd like to use it. They put it in that spot because they don't like when you line up appliances along the snack bar; on the other side you see the ugly backs sticking up. Still, they could've asked me but I don't think they remember that I bought it. Gonna get reminded and it's going back on the counter tonight. They do this stuff all the time; they like buying appliances. I guess I can't complain; I've bought a whole new wardrobe in the last year. Anyway, it's annoying to have them just do stuff and leave me out. I live here, too. In fact, without me they might not have electricity to run that ugly thing.

Comment

Quoth Food Lady View Post
              It's a way of arguing with what I've said and it's not even on a conscious level. It's an underlying desire to prove me wrong on stuff because he's insecure.
              That does make sense. I'm usually talking about something I know about, or making a joke, when someone does that to me, and they're usually smirking when they do it. It's really annoying, bordering on rude.
              I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
              My LiveJournal
              A page we can all agree with!

Comment

I put it back on the counter and Mom was fine with where it was. I went out to get food and came back to it being in the basement. No one said a word to me and when I asked I was told there's no room--even though I found a place--and I'm welcome to use it in the basement? Or I can use the oven. I do use the oven so I'm actually fine with this but it's the principle. I paid for that thing and they just decided for me I don't get to use it in the kitchen. Know what? There's a huge mess that could be cleaned up so some appliances could be put there:

Comment

Quoth El Pollo Guerrera View Post

People who lick their fingers to separate money ....
                  Ye gods, YES. That was bad enough before COVID; now it's really disgusting. I don't care so much about debit/credit cards because I don't handle them, but it's become irritatingly common again for people to do this with cash (and -- but very rarely -- when they're paying with the store's gift cards).

I'm debating going back to wearing gloves, but as it stands now I immediately grab the bottle of hand sanitizer at my station. I haven't had anybody get insulted ... yet.

Quoth purplecat41877 View Post
                  People who don't know how to wait. For instance, you're talking with Person 1 and Person 2 starts talking to you as if Person 1 isn't there.

People who assume you're not doing anything. For instance, you're finishing up Customer 1's transaction and Customer 2 starts telling you what they want as if you're not doing anything.
                  The first one happens frequently at my store, and even more frequent is: you are talking to Person 1 and they suddenly start talking to Person 2 ... and you were still saying something. This is partly why I rarely bother conversing with my co-workers.

The second one happens occasionally: I'm still ringing up Customer 1 and Customer 2 is standing in line putting stuff on the belt and suddenly has a question that MUST be answered right away. Thankfully it's usually a very simple question: "I forgot X; can I run back quick and get it?" The answer is yes; I'll just slow down on ringing through what's on the best. Offhand I can't think of an incident in which I've had to ask Customer 2 to PLEASE WAIT and I'll be with them in a minute. But if it hasn't happened already ... it probably will at some point in the future.
                  Customer service: More efficient than a Dementor's kiss
                  ~ Mr Hero

Comment

I hate it when someone is trying to talk to me while I'm taking a shower.
                    This site proves Corey Taylor right. Man really is a "four letter word."

I'm now using my Deviant Art page to post my humor.

Comment

OK, I'm glad no one does that to me!

Comment

Women who keep money in their bra. Or men who keep money in their sock. I don't want to touch your bra/sock money!

On the page/money finger licking thing...I've always found that gross and inconsiderate.
                        Skilled programmers aren't cheap. Cheap programmers aren't skilled.

Comment

Licking fingers to turn page is part of the plot of the movie "The Name of the Rose" (1986).

When the head Librarian succumbs like the others, William and Adso ascend the forbidden library, and come face to face with the Venerable Jorge, the most ancient denizen of the abbey, with the book, which describes comedy and how it may be used to teach. Believing laughter and jocularity to be instruments of the Devil, Jorge has poisoned the pages to stop the spread of what he considers dangerous ideas: those reading it would ingest the poison as they licked their fingers to aid in turning pages.
                          "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

I've never seen any female keep their money in their bra....

shame as I would be only too pleased to help retrieve it for them should the opportunity arise
                            The Copyright Monster has made me tell you that my avatar is courtesy of the wonderful Alice XZ.And you don't want to annoy the Copyright Monster.

Comment

Quoth Kit-Ginevra View Post
                              shame as I would be only too pleased to help retrieve it for them should the opportunity arise
                              Are you sure it would be the money you are grabbing?
                              "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Working...
                              X