Thanks, UPS, you jerks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thanks, UPS, you jerks

So ... it appears very likely that my Christmas parcel from my sister was stolen.
    I texted her today, somewhat hesitantly, to let her know it hadn't arrived yet.
    She was appalled and sent me the notice SHE got saying it was delivered on Dec. 21 "at front door." Which means they either dumped it in the lobby or in front of my apartment door.
    There is a VERY slight chance it's in the management office. VERY slight. I will check on that tomorrow.

IIRC, in the very recent past (as in: last October) UPS generally takes parcels to a central location for pickup if there's nobody home. Why they didn't do it this time is beyond me.
    Customer service: More efficient than a Dementor's kiss
    ~ Mr Hero

UPS got me too recently. I ordered something off a website just after Christmas, intending it to arrive before the first weekend of January, so I could wear it at a convention that weekend. When I ordered it, I specified a 3-4 business day delivery. So it should have arrived before New Year's. Instead, when I got the "your package is on its way" email, it said it would arrive by Wednesday (the day before I left for the con), but then it was going to be arriving on Thursday. Then Friday (when I would be AT the con). Then Saturday.

Finally arrived on Monday, after the con was over. Thanks, UPS.
    PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

That really stinks. Have you considered filing a claim? My sister's going to.
      I'm going to ask at the office if we've got security cameras in the halls (I doubt it) and I'm also going to contact UPS to ask (1) exactly what the driver meant when they wrote "Delivered at front door" and (2) why they didn't drop it off at a central depot for pickup.
      Customer service: More efficient than a Dementor's kiss
      ~ Mr Hero

Comment

UPS to driver: "You have 45 seconds to make the delivery, or you will be fired for poor performance. Scanning the paperwork takes 50..."
        I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
        Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
        Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Working...
        X