Question about Lwaxana Troi from Star Trek: TNG

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about Lwaxana Troi from Star Trek: TNG

I know she was the Betazed Ambassador to the Federation, but I'm more interested in her other title, "Daughter of the Fifth House, Holder of the Sacred Chalice of Rixx, Heir to the Holy Rings of Betazed".

The question is, how important was that title -- really -- on Betazed? She seems to say it a lot when she meets people (especially for the first time, or when she feels a little slighted), but how important is it, really? Because most people she says that to don't really seem to care all that much.
    Skilled programmers aren't cheap. Cheap programmers aren't skilled.

I'm firmly of the belief that it's one of those outdated customs that maybe most people on Betazed don't care about, but nobility (like Lwaxana) put great stock in.
    PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

Quoth Jay 2K Winger View Post
      I'm firmly of the belief that it's one of those outdated customs that maybe most people on Betazed don't care about, but nobility (like Lwaxana) put great stock in.
      You're probably right. Deanna Troi doesn't seem to care at all. I mean, even Bridge officers don't care. To me, it's almost like "I'm the Prince's second cousin!" if that makes sense.
      Skilled programmers aren't cheap. Cheap programmers aren't skilled.

Comment

Working...
      X