• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So the doctor told me...

NO MORE CHEMO!!!!!

NO MORE CHEMO!!!!!!!!

NO MORE CHEMO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have been crying on and off today. I called my siblings and told them. I messaged people on Facebook. I sent emails.

I will go to a spa to recover in the autumn (I don't yet know when). The oncologist told me to go back to work when I'm up to it.

After so many months of going to doctors and dealing with chemo and having blood taken - not to mention the radical surgery - the chemo is over.

YEAAAAAAH! *Happy Dance*
    Life is too short to not eat popcorn.
    Save the Ales!
    Toys for Tots at Rooster's Cafe

Comment

Congratulations.
      "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

I am so thrilled for you.
        Customers should always be served . . . to the nearest great white.

Comment

Quoth Eireann View Post
          NO MORE CHEMO!!!!!

NO MORE CHEMO!!!!!!!!

NO MORE CHEMO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have been crying on and off today. I called my siblings and told them. I messaged people on Facebook. I sent emails.

I will go to a spa to recover in the autumn (I don't yet know when). The oncologist told me to go back to work when I'm up to it.

After so many months of going to doctors and dealing with chemo and having blood taken - not to mention the radical surgery - the chemo is over.
          That...is...AWESOME!!!!!
          Skilled programmers aren't cheap. Cheap programmers aren't skilled.

Comment

Congrats! As someone who has lost several important folks to cancer, that's wonderful you seem to be beating it!!
            “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged.
            One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world.
            The other, of course, involves orcs." -- John Rogers

Comment

Thank you so much!

I think and hope that we're on the verge of treating the beast with gene therapy, rather than chemo. It'll be SO MUCH better for all the patients!

I'm still very tired, but I've noticed that the bruises that appeared after the last round of chemo are fading. It's sunny and warm out, and when I have the energy, I go out and enjoy it. My landlady gave me roses from her garden yesterday, plus a strawberry. I have the delight of sharing the good news with my loved ones.

Oh, what a year this has been.

I want to fly back to my hometown next summer, and I want to fly first class. I don't know if this will happen, but it's what I want.

Comment

Congrats!!
                "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
                "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
                "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
                "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
                "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
                "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
                Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
                "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Yay! That's great news! I'm so happy for you.
                  "I look at the stars. It's a clear night and the Milky Way seems so near. That's where I'll be going soon. "We are all star stuff." I suddenly remember Delenn's line from Joe's script. Not a bad prospect. I am not afraid. In the meantime, let me close my eyes and sense the beauty around me. And take that breath under the dark sky full of stars. Breathe in. Breathe out. That's all."
                  -Mira Furlan

Comment

Working...
                  X