Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So, I kinda-sorta wrote a letter to one of my childhood sports heroes...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So, I kinda-sorta wrote a letter to one of my childhood sports heroes...

Dropped it off in the mail today. I hand-wrote it because I felt it would be much more personal than simply typing it. I do regret not sending a self-addressed, stamped envelope hoping for a response. I say I "kinda-sorta" wrote to him, because I had to write to his "fan mail" address, so I don't even really know if he'll read it, though I hope he does. He's long since retired from the sport, however. Apparently, there's another address you can send stuff to that can get signed, although it's a bit pricey, but the money goes to his foundation. I've thought about doing that, too. It's just a matter of finding the right card for him to sign.
    Skilled programmers aren't cheap. Cheap programmers aren't skilled.

Crossing my fingers that you get a response!

I often wish I'd written to the stars of one of my favourite TV shows, now that it's far too late to do so (most have long since departed this earth).
    Customer service: More efficient than a Dementor's kiss
    ~ Mr Hero

Comment

Quoth Pixelated View Post
      Crossing my fingers that you get a response!

I often wish I'd written to the stars of one of my favourite TV shows, now that it's far too late to do so (most have long since departed this earth).
      Oh, I'd LOVE to hear back from him. It would certainly be awesome! I'm tempering my expectations, though. I don't really expect to. Besides it might be a few weeks or months before I do -- if I do --anyway.
      Skilled programmers aren't cheap. Cheap programmers aren't skilled.

Comment

Working...
      X